Weather34 WF API version Discontinued

gary it already does not sure what you saying , see https://weather34.com multiple weatherflow sensors and main station combined :slight_smile:

in the live data you can control what sensors are primary or if you wish to disable … try it as shown below you can select , disable,make primary juggle the sensors around . thats all my weatherflow sensors simultanousely connected . whatever is in green is designated as user selected primary sensor.

if i had 8 sensors connected no problem it just picks up whatever is connected to HUB…

also remember boris has been doing this for years so there is not a lot of ideas that has not been suggested to him by long term weather enthusiasts from other forums . im sure its the same for mr weather display there is not a lot he hasnt heard … like additional wet leaf sensors ,swimming pool sensors etc etc etc …

2 Likes

While you’re on your 2018 apology tour, :wink: I’m not going to even post here how many planning/programming hours it took for me to write the sensor-map code in my weewx UDP driver! I borrowed the concept from Matthew Wall’s weewx-SDR (rtl_433) driver, which also has to deal with multiple sensors in broadcast packets. Like Boris, Matthew Wall has been doing this PWS stuff for quite a while…

1 Like

sez the guy who created a weatherflow map :slight_smile: every application ?? some applications you show little experience in time to dive in there gary and try them out you might be pleasantly surprised … took me three years to find a reasonable balance in the template still don’t think i have found it or ever will because tomorrow someone will ask me something that is totally feasible that is not there now…

1 Like

The guy said “almost” every application. I’ve looked at dozens and with the exception of the few that are supported on this form most are “all or nothing.”

Take Meteobrige. It takes in data from all devices without asking. Maybe I missed something but I see no method to tell it to stop importing unwanted devices.

@Weather34, @vreihen, I never mentioned either of you or your products so I have a hard time understanding why you take my statement as a personal insult.

thank you admins … we said nothing wrong but trying to encourage others to try out the other third party applications …"time to dive in there gary and try them out you might be pleasantly surprised"

1 Like

we don’t take your comment as a personal insult just you need to use these third party applications for a period of time perhaps months to understand there capabilities and limitations . i wouldn’t assume or judge any application I have no lengthy experience of… meteobridge or weather display are trusted applications both been around many years developed by enthusiasts … i cant comment on @vreihen application i literally have no experience of it but he has historically been involved and WEEWX has been around for years and again used by many enthusiasts…

if none of these meet your expectation then you have the opportunity to develop something fresh which can reap the benefits of the weatherflow hardware and be of benefit to many forthcoming users … make something fresh expectations of modern day apps are dictated by the change in the actual operating systems and they way touch screens have changed the way we use them and LED monitors have allowed finer refinements in colors to be used ,long gone are the days of congested displays and static rgb colors however thats is easier said than done when it comes to displaying weather information , users have different needs and what appeals to one dont always appeal to the other…

1 Like

After Ramadan, we need to talk about writing a weewx uploader for your template… :thinking:

2 Likes

sounds good to me june 15th onwards

there is a few users already using weewx they do there own personal,adaptations https://www.claydonsweather.org.uk

1 Like

Brian…thanks for pointing me to the Meteobridge Live Data tab to manipulate the sensors. Was able to get my second Air to be the one uploaded to Weather34.

1 Like

Brian,

My statement did not comment on any one particular application but rather a general comment on the methodology used by some programmers. None of which are members of this forum.

This is awesome. First, thank you for releasing this template. It is awesome.

Second, any idea how to find the weatherunderground API? It seems they stopped offering Free API keys or am I missing something?

To improve our services and enhance the relationship with our users, we will no longer provide free weather API keys as part of our program. If you have been directed to download our Weather Underground free API key by a third party provider, please contact your vendor for resolution.

as i said elsewhere wunderground is on meltdown but i have a solution ko impliment sometime in june ,about to leave for break until 16th June so i dont have any means of working on template just an ipad and phone with me and thankfully internet is somewhat limited and out of range of wifi most of the time. promise i’ll implement alternative sometime in june…brian

2 Likes

confirmed https://apicommunity.wunderground.com/weatherapi/topics/weather-underground-api-changes

thank god … time to move on

2 Likes

Almost makes me want to pay taxes in Norway just to fund this free global service…

https://om.yr.no/info/verdata/free-weather-data/

2 Likes

WOW! Imagine all of us who are sending data of our own PWS and need now to buy an api key to access our own data… Incredible! What a disaster this business!

2 Likes

I saw the writing on the wall and dumped them. Just another reason I continue to speak out against Weather Underground.

4 Likes

I agree so much with you, @GaryFunk

1 Like

Scandinavians tend to think more logically… which I think is such a simple quality logic where
as they say its not the quantity its the quality …

2 Likes

one unlinked one … was more in the spirit of open data I shared but since it is going this way, bye bye baby

2 Likes