Weather34 WF API version Discontinued

looks ok couple of small teething issues i need to fix tomorrow but apart from that its progressed nicely since the sky unit was made available .

just for your future reference you can always maintain your configuration by saving a copy of settings1.php instead of having to type in each time this file rarely changes unless a new setting is added or required.

you can always follow upcoming changes mostly to design at https:://weather34.com

have fun…brian

2 Likes

Noted that for barometric pressure, I have mb selected as my units. In the dashboard this is displayed correctly. When I select the daily, monthly, or 2018 detailed chart it plots as inches but labels units as mb. I have included the screenshots. Everything else seems to be working as expected.

1 Like

problem is you can not have non metric and metric variables mixed ive been down this road with uk users over the years who have metric variables but non metric mph wind . it gets suprislingly complex as the template is driven via metric or non metric . only way to do it is just remove the non metric variables from the barometer.php and have no switching but same needs to be done to the barometer charts by removing the non metric variables. confused ? thats how i get when trying to mix it all up .

so i tend to just go for the non metric or metric.

when you get your sky drop me an email ill do a modification for you…just have to keep a copy modificied files for,future reference.

brian

2 Likes

Hi Brian,

I have been using the new template with great results. But thought this version would incorporate the high / low limit fix’s as seen below. My Sky had a battery failure and upon replacing them saw that the Weather34 PHP template captured these readings. :persevere:

if you are using the api version the max min data is not available in the api output via weatheflow. it displays what is recorded is doesn’t manipulate and that chart data is recorded at wu not by the template.

1 Like

Hi Brian,

Perhaps there are other factors at play here as neither of the WU / WF API show these massive spikes or dips as seen here. They simply show a flat / zero data line in their charts and graphs. I also did not capture these out of band readings from another diagnostic tool that monitors the Weather Flow System(s).

WF%20API

WU%20API

explain the other factors your charts above show anomalies … explain exactly what you would expect to happen when your batteries fail or some other discrepancy happens with the hardware or some other issue…

the chart in the template so check the csv file which is basically the data downloaded from WU and send it to me i can then take a look as your template is locked behind a desktop so no means of diagnosing anything.

1 Like

Hi Brian,

Are you asking 3:15 AM ~ 5:55 AM? That is the period where the Sky was with out power as seen in the charts above from both WU and WF. Both show no data or in this case displayed as a blank space. Once I replaced the batteries from 5:55 AM ~ 8:10 AM the system remained flat as expected as it was very dark and cloudy.

Later on in the day normal operations continued and the results are the expected spikes in the line charts to reflect the solar rad / UV. My expectation is what I have provided here no power, no data, not extreme values going both directions.

Which in this case is near impossible because again there was no power to the sensor so it could not have relayed the same to the Hub / WF / WU. I’ll fire off the file to you tomorrow for your kind review so much thanks.

Can you let me know the file path to this log / csv?

chartswudata folder date of file.txt i.e 21032018.txt

1 Like

ok patrick i updated download and applied some simple filtering to not display negative data

temperature set at anything less than -50 recorded is not displayed

windspeed set at anything less than 0 recorded is not displayed

solar / uv set at anything less than 0 recorded is not displayed

rainfall/rate set at anything less than 0 recorded is not displayed

barometer set at anything less than 25 recorded is not displayed

output shown below using the text file you sent which has many negative values for various data
…think thats the quick answer or resolve … you can simply replace the chartswu folder form the download…have a good sleep :slight_smile: brian

2 Likes

Where did those negative values come from? I wonder if they could come from the Hub due to the same bug that caused the rouge serial numbers.

1 Like

i dont know but as I say it only displays what is recorded in this case it is from WU and you can SEE from attached of his data downloaded from WU , ive seen this many times before especially with ambient hardware that uploads to wu … most cases with ambient hardware type WS1001 it sends -9999 for barometer for when the sensors lose contact with the consoles. anyway i added the filters on but it doesnt remove those values it simply ignores them

problerm

2 Likes

Ah, so this has nothing to do with WeatherFlow.

2 Likes

nope its a common WU history daily thing ive seen it many times various hardware in the past as I say above often seen when sensors lose contact with consoles but still send data to WU etc… seen it in meteobridge also last week where one user was using a vantage vue and the barometer kept sending -9999 again it stores what it receives from the logger or console etc.

2 Likes

That’s just one of the many reasos I refuse to use Wunderground.

2 Likes

i dont use wu has a method to store or use to monitor data , its simply to unreliable however when you look at the alternative online universal solutions offered there not that flexible moreover that the alternatives have limitations albeit somewhat more reliable data available . best solution local software storage via meteobridge,weather display ,cumulus and so on or a hosted mysql all these offer more control and what you can do with your data.

anyway its another subject for another day… have a nice evening…brian

2 Likes

I understand. That’s why I’m working on a storage system that will work with WeatherFlow. Take care, Brian.

2 Likes

updated 23rd march .

lots of changes mostly backend code to reflect compatibility with newer PHP 7.2+ release now rolling out amongst many hosting companies. also ideas and observations based on recent feedback.

as always https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/

wf23032018

3 Likes

Hi Brian,

I noted your reply only addresses negative values what about the opposite?? :thinking:

again we need to see those and perhaps this should be dealt with at the source however you can add upper limit filters however we also need too consider metric vs non metric limits as you can see its now getting complex so if I was getting erratic out of normal excessive high readings i would be looking at whats causing it .

if your hardware is reading to high its probably smoked too much weed then its probably more spaced out than neil armstrong ever was :slight_smile: excuse my humour…the weekend has landed :slight_smile:

2 Likes