Weather34 WF API version Discontinued

Good morning

finally at a level where confident of releasing two versions one uses the official Weatherflow API and the other uses the meteobridge UDP method.

both work very differently yet the display and visual side is almost identical.the API version is restricted to 1 minute update intervals as set by weatherflow themselves from there servers.

the meteobridge version is fully adjustable to suit what your server can handle in terms of update intervals in seconds. using the meteobridge does not affect in any way of sending data to the weatherflow servers it simply acts as a hub and sends the data to your hosted server.

you can also run the template locally on your desktop pc etc however you would need to simply install a remote file on your server to generate a simple text output if you do not want to run the template on a public hosted server. (you can email me for more information on this process).note this method is for running only on your local desktop enviroment.

screenshot below gives an idea of all that is required to use your weatherflow AIR+SKY combination.

both versions available via https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/

weatherflowmar

1 Like

The ā€œDevelopersā€ category is more for developers helping each other and sharing information. ā€œThird Party Integrationsā€ is us to post working products. Here, you have a home to post information about your application and where others can ask you questions.

Gary

3 Likes

ok perhaps i should spend more time on here i wasnā€™t aware it was shifted around or didnt noticeā€¦ anyway thanks

2 Likes

meteobridge and newer weatherflow API version updated this morning 17th March couple of new modules and thanks to @Phoenix for the idea of battery inclusion . newer uv-solar now includes lux as always available via https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/
ā€¦brian
17marwf

1 Like

Hello Brian

just installed your theme to see how it works. I know, most isnā€™t working as I donā€™t have the Sky ā€˜yetā€™ but still, good to learn already.
One thing I noticed already (not sure if you can call it a bug), when you ask a detailed chart when you have the light theme, the popup is again the dark theme. Is this to have a better contrast ?

1 Like

all charts display in dark backgroundā€¦ however if you wish to have lightbackground charts and dark fonts feel free to edit and i should say good luck incredibly tedious adding switching based on theme selection probably more trouble than its worth hence never bothered and has always been that way for last couple of yearsā€¦ brianā€¦

1 Like

was just curious and wonā€™t go fiddle with the code, most probably Iā€™d break it :slight_smile:

following is maybe a bug ?? We just had a few lightning impacts nearby and I think the module doesnā€™t follow time zone

1 Like

here we are on the same timezone all year round no dst or utc changes ā€¦ if you send your station id i can check here from the desktop

1 Like

station id for me is 2230 (France), next week end we switch to summer time, so we go 1 h forward

1 Like

came up as 14:32 last detected using 2230 and your air device id ā€¦

1 Like

wird, it still shows 13:32 for me

this is how I set time zone in the settings, nothing else to configure ā€¦?

1 Like

ok iā€™ll replicate them and see if it does the same

1 Like

ok i cant replicate that issue inputted same timezone etc ā€¦ is it a local server or hosted ??

er

hosted on a server I manage, it is also set at europe/paris but physically in Canada (whm/cpanel

1 Like

ok lets try this im sure you can do this easily

top of the file wflightning.php

replace

<?php include('settings.php');include('shared.php');;header('Content-type: text/html; charset=utf-8');error_reporting(0);?>

with

<?php include('settings.php');include('shared.php');date_default_timezone_set($TZ);header('Content-type: text/html; charset=utf-8');error_reporting(0);?>
1 Like

easy enough :wink:

just had another close strike detected, this time the time stamp is correct.

1 Like

good stuff so ill leave that in there i thinkā€¦thanks for the feedbackā€¦brian

2 Likes

For the API version I am guessing we edit the settings.php and donā€™t use the easyweathersetup.php? I am checking because the easyweathersetup.php looks like is for the meteobridge setup. If I am correct can someone post a sample of a working settings.php file. That will help me figure this out I hope. If not please point me in the right direction. Thanks!

I have it all loaded to my web page which supports php. What file do I call to actually see the data? I know I am probably missing something beyond this fileā€¦

1 Like

if you downloaded correct version which should be the api version just use easyweathersetup no need to edit files direct.

index.php is always the main file

please remove the api key from your post thank you.

1 Like

Thanksā€¦removed API Key. I had both a new and old version of the easyweathersetup.php. Removing the old got everything working. Waiting for SKYā€¦but this looks great!:

1 Like