Weather34 WF API version Discontinued

Very nice!

Now just waiting for a reply from @dsj or @corrineb for differences here: https://community.tempest.earth/t/weather34-php-template/104/172?u=max_italy

btw: SKY released by French customs today. On his way to Italy!!

immagine

The differences seen in the API response for @Weather34’s station vs @Max_Italy’s station are due to the lack of a SKY on @Max_Italy’s station. Specifically, the “feels like” and “wind_chill” only apply when you have both AIR & SKY. To confuse things a bit, the apps have client-side logic to use the “heat index” value as the “feels like” value when there is no “feels like” in the API response.

Sorry for the confusion - hope I didn’t add to it!

Thank you for explanation. My Sky is traveling from France to Italy. Customs cleared, hope to have it soon!

1 Like

minor visual changes applied and cleaner feature for lightning and introduce rain start feature .

download will be updated on sunday 24th for both meteobridge and weatherflow versions.

2 Likes

@Weather34 : Another question. Why this? It should show time to sun rise
 not sun set in 23h.
Does I did something wrong in settings?

immagine

i cant help there is no url to look at ,could be anything as i said i have no experience of rasperry, the template is developed on a local server with apache ,mysql with php 7 (currently php 7.2.6) . only way could possibly help is send me the settings1.php or a url with password which you can change at anytime.

and i cant replicate this locally.

brian

where can I send url and admin pass?

have you set timezone in raspiconfig ?

1 Like

send via personal message

ok thanks check now

you had timezone set to Europe/Istanbul mixed with your lat lon

Europe/Rome it should be

the link is provided in the setup to check timezones

http://php.net/manual/en/timezones.europe.php

yours screenshot

veni

2 Likes

How to thank you??

(also this limit of 20 characters
 impossible to write someting sas simple as a “thank you”)

1 Like

@Max_italy & @th18045 good morning, I am not experienced in RPi but I would like to install weather34 in my RPI 2B. Could you tel me how you did it ?

@Vince64: use all this steps: https://pchelp.ricmedia.com/setup-lamp-server-raspberry-pi-3-complete-diy-guide/

Then create PWS/ in /var/www/html and unpackg weather34 package inside (https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/).
With browser go to rPi_IP/PWS and follow the instructions

to avoid spam, basic feature of Discourse
You can use the little heart symbol under a post to thank a person :wink:

3 Likes

@Max_Italy, I have tried but I have an issue because I cannot install on my RPi 3 the apache2 ! I do not know how to go to next step !

pi@pyhome:~ $ sudo apt-get install apache2 -y
Lecture des listes de paquets
 Fait
Construction de l’arbre des dĂ©pendances
Lecture des informations d’état
 Fait
Aucune version du paquet apache2 n’est disponible, mais il existe dans la base
de donnĂ©es. Cela signifie en gĂ©nĂ©ral que le paquet est manquant, qu’il est devenu obsolĂšte
ou qu’il n’est disponible que sur une autre source

E: Le paquet « apache2 » n’a pas de version susceptible d’ĂȘtre installĂ©e
pi@pyhome:~ $

As a stab in the dark, try this:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install apache2 -y

Personally, I’d search for instructions for installing nginx rather than wrestle with Apache

I did again the command and I manage to go to next step but I stopped at this command :

slight_smile:sudo usermod -m -d /var/www pi --> usermod: user pi is currently used by process 1550

I am connecter at the RPI with pi account.

How to slove this ? I have kill the process 1550 but I still have same error with another process !

I go to next command and I hope that I will manage to come back and solve this issue.

now I am Setup WordPress Database and I have questions that I suppose people experience will see as sily questions :smile:

create user ‘wordpress’@‘localhost’ identified by ‘[enter password]’; → what should I understand by ‘wordpress’, by ‘localhost’ and by ‘[enter password]’ ? Should I replace the ‘xxx’ by something ?
create database wordpress;
grant all privileges on wordpress.* to ‘wordpress’@‘localhost’;
flush privileges;
exit;

You need indeed a database for WordPress, WordPress is to be changed by username of database, leave localhost as the database will be on the same machine and then you need a password.

grant all privileges is ok.

The problem on usermod and process has happened to me too. Don’t worry e go ahead. At least for me it worked also with that error.