Weather Underground - Issues and Comments

This picture helped me dig through settings to find the “link” to WU, thanks.

I set up a WU Station ID & Key, but need to edit it. It appears that every time you edit it and go to a different field, it reverts back to your original entry. This happens with both the Station ID & Key. Am I doing something wrong. If you can’t edit it, is there a way to delete and start over?

1 Like

This bug should have been solved 9 days ago. Maybe some local caching of your browser. Can you clear it and then try again please.

you push the pencil, use backspace (don’t go click in the field) you then type in what needs to be changed and push the ‘safe’ diskette symbol

I just did and it works for me

1 Like

Eric, bingo! Thanks again, that worked. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there any detail on the expected update rate for WU? I’m seeing my station fall off the WU map as it frequently goes 15-20 minutes between updates while other stations in the neighborhood update every 10 seconds or so.

I’m not looking for rapid updates, but maybe once a minute would be possible?

Same question here… There’s seems to have a time gap between WU server and Tempest.

Staff is looking into the issue but as we’re in vacation period, things tend to take a bit longer. If something is found I’ll report back as soon I get some news. Seems not to affect everyone as mine is reporting ok and via third party it is even rapid firing as usual.

1 Like

After some discussion with technicians, the data is not pushed every minute but on average every 5. It is also depending on server loads, if they are high the WU push is delayed and it can be longer. It is not set as a priority service on the servers. This explains the different timing.

If it is important for you, you can maybe look into a third party option to push to WU. I use weewx (allows me to make a mix of data) and it allows rapid fire on wind (+/- every 3 secs). MeteoBridge also allows to push and for sure there are other third party options I forget.

1 Like

Maybe let them know that mine is more like 10-15 minutes and that is causing it to fall off the wu map. Maybe they can increase server capacity or drop the feature all together and push people to the third party service.

The situation is likely just to get worse for all of they don’t add capacity and more Tempest units come online and use it.

If it uploaded every 5 minutes that would be acceptable.

Was there ever any update on this? Currently averaging about 14-16 minutes and when it goes over 15 minutes they WU drops it off their map.

Not looking for every 5 seconds or anything, just something consistently less than 15 minutes.

The option for linking to Weather Underground seems to have disappeared from both the app and tempestwx.com. Anyone know what is going on?

It shows on my station.

There is no link on my app or on the webpage for the Weather Underground settings

I don’t know what is happening for you but it still shows on my station, as seen above and on my other station here. This is the web interface.

Maybe I’m going crazy, but I recall a discussion here a few months ago about some areas of the world (Australia for one?) now being geo-excluded from WU uploading. I also remember some specific WU app setting having changed for new stations created after a certain date…

Funny that! I just checked mine and it ( Public Data ) had been toggled off.
Edit; probably because I’ve been messing unsuccessfully with weewx

There’s zero chance that anything you do with weewx can affect your station’s settings on the WF side. Zero.

If you’re unsuccessful somehow with weewx, start a new thread on the weewx-user google group.

1 Like

I cant even find the link on the webpage these days to link the data to the WU site as it appears to have gone missing

It still shows on my station.