Weather Display

Not seeing where I can change the color of just the Indoor Temp and Indoor Hum values.

I used Weather-Display for nearly 20 years with my weather system in California (GHWEATHER.ORG). When I moved in late 2018, I sold my old Davis Vantage Pro Plus FARS station (it was serial number 3). Now that I have the Tempest Iā€™m looking forward to getting it all setup again (SMBWEATHER.ORG)! I was running it on an old XP computer but plan to go to a NUC with an SSD for the new system.

TomTc

1 Like

You will not believe how fast that is gonna be !

True, but it is not like WD put any real demands on the computer and that is all it was doing.

1 Like

re Tempest support in weather display, make sure to be using the latest version :slight_smile:

1 Like

How does one get WD to recognize the lightning sensor in the Tempest?

Hi
make sure you have the latest version of WD, as I did fix it not picking up the lightning data

1 Like

Does Weather Display require a COM port connection? Looks like it when I go through Setup. What about access to a wireless system like WF Tempest?

Thanks

Hi
No
Just skip that step :slight_smile:

Thanks. Iā€™ll give it a try

Hello. Would those bugs and or problems cause me problems with using Weather Display. Does anyone use Weather Display with both Sky/Air and Tempest. Having troubles. Help

What troubles are you having? Here is mine with a Sky/Air and Daivis Vue, could set it up to use with a Tempest if I wanted with a 3rd instance of WD.

Best bet is to get help with Weather Display is to use their help forum.

I have 3 versions of weather display, with 3 separate computers, ecowitt, sky/air and tempest stations. The tempest for some reason is showing stats on 2 computers, when each computer should be showing on each computer screen running weather display

I have been helping caredlands via email

1 Like

Brian Hamilton has been working very hard to incorporate the New Tempest into Weather Display while keeping support for the AIR/SKY. Itā€™s too bad that WeatherFlow wonā€™t provide him with a Tempest to further help him with updating the WD software and to increase their sales.

MikeyM

1 Like

It seems that WF isnā€™t really all that interested in supporting or helping those outside of their own little sphereā€¦

Iā€™ve been using Brianā€™s software for the better part of two decades and he and it is simply the best!

TomT

ITU Region 2 is a decent-sized chunk of the planet. AFAIK, the Tempest is not yet certified for sale or operation in ITU Region 1 (Europe) or Region 3 (Asia/Pacific). WD Brian lives in New Zealand (Region 3) IIRCā€¦

1 Like

I wasnā€™t just referring to Brian (and I know he lives in NZ, region 3)ā€¦ There have been many other similar instances in region 2 involving support of various typesā€¦ That is what I was referring toā€¦

I donā€™t understand whatā€™s so complicated in this case. The Tempest is just air+sky combined, with an observation type of obs_st. Trivial for most of us to just read the API.

1 Like

yes I know that
but it does get tricky with UDP data when you a mixture of the original weather flow sensors coming from the original hub via UDP and then new tempest station/hub also coming through to UDP at the same time
i.e its easier to sort that out in real time with actual hardware
and then it gets more compliated when I have customers who are mixing all that with a different weather station type as well (e.g Davis) and so only wanting specific sensor data only from weather flow. Maybe I am just too dumb. haha
anyway I have received email that a test tempest is heading my way :slight_smile:

3 Likes