Very slight variation in SLP within the forecast and live pages

I’ve noticed at times the SLP is slightly different between the forecast and live pages.

1 Like

That would be normal. A forecast is a prediction of the future.

my assumption is that the forecast page, shows you a measurement (not a forecast) but isn’t updated as often as the live page. So they are values taken at different times.

1 Like

I thought the only difference between the main page (forecast page) and the live page is that the main page shows only average and gusts whereas the live shows the current speed along with the average and gusts. Everything else is updated at the same frequency. @dsj Any ideas why this is happening?

The data on the main page comes from “station observations” (which includes all of the derived values and is refreshed via REST, while the data on the station dashboard is built from the “device observations” and arrives over Web Sockets.

So, the same frequency, yes, but not necessarily the same phase :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gotcha. So what would lead to a slight variance in pressure readings?

In this case, time is what lead to the slight variance. One of them (main screen) is about a minute older than the other one (station dashboard).

1 Like

Thank you! That would make sense why sometimes it’s the same and other times slightly different. @sunny was on target.

3 Likes

He usually (always?) is!

3 Likes