UV seems too high or too low (solved with auto-calibration CL system)

I seem to be over-reading UV by quite a margin. We have blue skies today and my unit is registering an index of 6.8. A friends WF station ( 9 miles from me) is reading between 4.5 and 5.5.

I’ve been updated to firmware 94, so I’ll leave it to settle in and see how it get’s on.

1 Like

My station in Turkey seems to be under reading, offering readings very similar to those from my station in the uk!

Turkey: 5240
UK: 5197

1 Like

To be clear, the auto-calibration / continuous learning (CL) system is reliant upon the firmware, but a separate system. The rollout of Hub firmware v94 lays the technical foundation to enable the forthcoming CL system. However, you will not notice a difference in your UV values until we actually deploy the CL system for UV.

@val Note: the auto-calibration / continuous learning system for UV has not been deployed yet.

3 Likes

We added your two units to the beta group a few days ago and I just took a look and applied the analysis to both of your SKY units. Let me know if the data looks better starting tomorrow.

Others: thanks for your continued patience - we’re getting closer to moving the UV component of the CL process from beta to production.

2 Likes

I am looking forward to this. Just curious how accurate mine are now.

1 Like

Thank you, David @dsj. I only have SKY-Mobile up right now after getting the blinking red on the other SKY. Will the replacement SKY automatically pick up the beta group when I get it setup?

1 Like

Not automatically, but hopefully by the time you get your new SKY the UV CL component will be in production. If not, remind me and I’ll add your new SKY to the beta group.

1 Like

hi
The UV index is totally wrong ( 9 instead of 4…)
what can I do?
thanks

Some more info would be usefull!

Compared with what?
Just today or every day?

everery days
compare to the real value and compare with other stations

Helo Gilles

already your station number would help locate yours, I have a good clue where you are but still, I’m not so far from you and today I had about 6, indeed not 9.

2 Likes

https://smartweather.weatherflow.com/map/3356/41.8202/9.1471/7

Gilles

did you erase the data ? Your sky is not showing any data except today … and that is not even relevant

yes I have deleted the device and install a new device
Then I deleted all data
the firmware is rev 43
hub is V 2.16(49)
Are they the last one?

Air and Sky can’t be upgraded remotely (until now for sure)
Your hub is at V94 (latest for now, hub can and will be updated automatically when needed)
Since you have re installed the Sky, no data we can compare for now

How is you sky setup ? Is it in open sky?

Maybe share a picture of the setup ? I guess tomorrow as night has come for us :slight_smile:

20181002_120544

sensors should react normal, maybe wind will be less accurate since I guess the roof isn’t to far but still

Let’s see what happens tomorrow and if it is still going over 6 or 7 ask WF to look at the data and push a little extra calibration to your hub

1 Like

Hi Gilles. I just checked and your SKY actually received an updated UV calibration this morning. However, when you deleted and re-added the device, this calibration data was lost (that’s an issue on our end we need to rectify). I’ll make sure the previous calibration is applied ASAP.

@dsj

Could you also take a look at my UV data?
UV should be around a maximum of 3 with a clear sky.

This is the RIVM official measurement.
05-54-46-UVI_NL

smartweather

And this is my station
https://smartweather.weatherflow.com/share/4950/grid

Sometimes the UV almost goes to 7. That is what we normally have around the longest day in high summer.

1 Like

Yes, I’ll add your SKY to the CL beta group for UV. We are very close to deploying a UV update to the CL process for all SKY in the network.

1 Like