UV seems too high or too low (solved with auto-calibration CL system)

Hi folks. Sorry for the late response. Just wanted to let you know we’ve been looking at the UV data across all SKY units (more than 1000 in the field now!) and about 10% of them do indeed seem to be significantly out of calibration - some too high, others too low.

Fear not! The vast majority of these cases are simple calibration issues, and will be corrected over-the-air, auto-magically. A small handful seem to be bad sensors (or maybe something covering them, as suggested). If you think yours is bad, please contact support for one-on-one help. If you think you have a calibration issue, especially if you have specific comparison reports (like @ptsdds), please share them here. It will help us improve things!

4 Likes

My brightness, and solar radiation readings are spot on with nearby stations, but UV is
about 5 low.

Thanks! The auto-calibration system should take care of this soon. To what are you comparing your UV reading when you say it’s “5 low”?

Comparing nearby station w/m2 to uv and my station.
My highest readings have been 5 to 6, when I think I
should be seeing some 10s or 11s.

1 Like

Ok. Your station is in the beta group for UV QC & auto-correction and you should an improvement soon.

1 Like

My Sky (station 2520) is also indicating low for UV. Peaked at just below 3 today. Comparison Sky nearby (station 1607) peaked around 9.2 today.

1 Like

UV readings looking good today, so far peaked out at 10.2.

1 Like

I maxed out at solar noon at uv 8.7. Much better. It looked more or less comparable to nearby stations

1 Like

Added you to the beta group tonight so you should see better UV readings soon.

Could you please put my sky #2 in the beta group. I have two Sky’s on the same Station (2809), 800mm apart. Sky 1 (9662) is tracking very similar to other stations around me(Weather Underground ones). Sky 2 (9849) is about 25-30% less. Solar Radiation is almost identical. Its winter now so UV is low.

UV%20(Small)

Solar%20Radiation%20(Small)

I have noticed my UV readings are far too low as well. This has been the case since it was installed (7 feet above a roof top with no possible shade) several weeks ago. There are a couple DAVIS units nearby that show a UV of around 10 or so when mine only shows around 5 on a bright sunny day.

1 Like

Dramatic improvement today! Thanks, David.

2 Likes

You’ve been added to the Continuous Learning beta group for UV as well - let me know if you don’t see improvements soon.

Hi David,

Could you add mine as well please - I am not sure if mine are too low of not (peaking around 4.5, but various other sources say to expect higher), but would be good to check and see if the CL beta increases it. Station ID is 2197.

Thanks!

Done! Let us know how it looks after a couple days.

1 Like

Could you add my Sky to the group also? I live in SE Louisiana and I’ve never seen a UV number over 2.8 which seems awfully low. My Sky is on the roof in clear sunlight. Station ID is 3971. Thanks.

1 Like

Done! Let us know how that looks

Looking good so far. 8:15 AM and already up to 3.5. Thanks for the tweak.

2 Likes

UV went to 10.59 yesterday. Looking good. Thanks again.

2 Likes

I want to join the low UV readings. Today we hit 10.8 where I am but the Sky recorded lower.

Screenshot_20180709-153309_Smart%20Weather

1 Like