Unbelievable Air uptime

My Air reports 985 days of uptime and, in fact, I can’t remember having touched the batteries.
It’s running smoothly since November 2017, what a different world it was…
I was a different person, too.
Unbelievable.

5 Likes

so, what changed since 2017?

:nerd_face:

4 Likes

same here. Unbelievable! 695d 8h 21m 8s and batteries are still at 3.5 volts. My sky had the same thing until 9 days ago when the solar battery pack failed and was replaced. They replaced it under warranty.

4 years and counting…

4 Likes

Hello, tech support here… have you tried turning it off and restarting it? ::

Never. The Air has been positioned in its location in Nov 2017, never touched since then.
Data provided are always accurate.
Why are you asking about restarting it?

1 Like

I jest…this usually clears 99% of tech issues

That is awesome! I have two which aren’t too far behind yours as far as on time. The only thing is that one day they both decided to restart on their own so I lost the 1000+ day up time. It hit 1000 days on 27 May 2021 and is still going. Not sure why it rebooted.

1 Like

Over a thousand days too, but my original had to be reset a few years in. All 3 air’s are still in use with 1 as an indoor device.
Air time

1 Like

2 Likes

1473 days here.

1 Like

Resuming this thread, because my Air stopped after 2124 days of uninterrupted service. Almost six years, during which the device recorded both extreme events and the normality of life.
I’m feeling emotional because so much has happened in my life in the same years, frankly I don’t know if simply reset it and plug new batteries or keep it as is as a memento.
In any case, kudos to the engineering team that created probably the most amazing and resistant device I’ve ever seen!
And just to be clear, the device is absolutely fine, just the battery charge went below the minimum threshold.

3 Likes

Mine is the opposite. One day of clouds and it’s offline. It’s, oddly, been connected all day - odd because we had rain to the point of flooding - but as is often the case, the app shows 0.00 rain. I cannot rely on it at all.

This thread is about the AIR device, not the Tempest device. The AIR runs on 4 AA batteries. It came with the previous generation SKY and AIR which was later replaced with one unit, the Tempest.

Here is a picture of one of mine.

Regarding your Tempest, have you opened a support ticket about it? If it is getting plenty of sun, it might be that the charging circuit or battery has failed. There is also an external power assessory available for it.

2269 days and counting here:

wow! mine is “only” at 1308 days