Unable to Connect Tempest to Hub

support ticket opened.

Now let’s pray. Though this message does not give me much hope:

“Your request has been sent and WeatherFlow’s support staff will get back to you as soon as possible.
We are experiencing a very high volume of requests. We do appreciate your patience with the delays of our replies”

Tried the post you mentioned too Eric, with no luck at all and support has gone from immediate replies (for DHL issues) to only one message this entire week about it not connection.

Sad. Guess I just have to wait.

I have just received a replacement Tempest unit and I have attempted to pair it with the hub, but it will not pair. I have been through the reset procedure of the Tempest but the IOS app shows “No Devices Detected”.

My first Tempest was an advance unit for the UK, is it possible that the Hub is operating on USA frequencies and not the UK. I ask because when the first unit arrived it had a USA power supply and not a UK one.

I have raised a ticket with Support
@eric

If I remember well you did buy a set via an export system from the US. Hence you did get a US configured set (illegal in the UK)
Most probably indeed you now got a EU version replacement Tempest and the Hub can’t see it.
You’ll have to wait for support to push this internally to the technicians. I can’t do anything as my access level is far from everything technical. And since it is Thanksgiving, it might take a bit longer. I don’t think an American will ever miss this week end :wink: and a few days to digest the :turkey:

2 Likes

I did query this with support when I first received my original unit and they assured me that it was a UK version even if I did get a US power supply. I now have a faulty Tempest and a replacement that does not work, great.

@Eric @WFsupport

Unfortunately, it looks like I get to join this party. New Tempest received direct from Daytona Beach yesterday won’t pair with new hub or old hub. (New Station ID=33124) I’ve tried all the steps mentioned here and in the troubleshooting help on the WF website but the Tempest is never found by a Hub. Have reset the radio on the Hub using the procedures in this thread several times, and have reset the Tempest several times by holding the button ~20-seconds.

I had deleted my old station in the app and removed power from the old hub and the Air & Sky before starting with the Tempest and creating a new station. When several hours of troubleshooting the new Hub and Tempest didn’t work, I tried powering up the old Hub and creating a new station with it, but the Tempest wouldn’t pair with it either - slow green blink that doesn’t ever stop unless powered off. I see reference to Hub firmware 158 in this thread - the new Hub I have is 147. Left a message on the WF website using the Zendesk system. Any other suggestions while I wait?

Weird your old Air module did get paired to the new hub. It isn’t only a question of firmware with non US stations, it’s more deep with frequencies allowed pro region.
You’re in the US ? Hub seems in US region since it can talk to your Air. Pushing this to technicians since we can’t see not do more from forum

My final update. Customer support have decided to send a replacement unit (more weeks of waiting) as nothing has worked so the conclusion is a faulty Tempest Unit.

Yes - US - central FL. After my first post I paired my old Air to the new Hub just to see if it would work and give us temp readings while the Tempest gets sorted. Cold front coming through tomorrow. :sunglasses:

Well replacement no1 appears to be dead according to support, they are sending out another one.

One word of caution the first replacement unit I got was not in the standard box but just in wrapping in a box. This allowed it to move around during shipment, so its no surprise that it did not work. I have warned them and I hope they have learnt from this, we shall see.

@eric

Update:
After opening the ticket with support they now sent out a new unit, in the order confirmation it said it’s the EU version. Will let you know whether it works.

I am just curious why so many customers are having this problem right now. Did WF send out a large batch of faulty units? Or misconfigured units for Europe vs US? Anybody know more on this?

Support has wasted no time sending a replacement - shipping today - Thanks!

1 Like

New Tempest unit received yesterday - paired with Hub immediately and working fine. Thanks to WF Support!

1 Like