Two Airs - Change which one reports to the station ID

Morning - I have two Airs (one outside and one in the greenhouse) - my station ID is 2701. I’m using weather display and when putting in my ID i get the temp from my greenhouse.

I have rearranged them in the app but cant find out how to ensure the outdoor air module is shared and not the greenhouse.

Any advice would be great,

Andy

1 Like

It looks like both of your AIR units are defined as “Outdoor” units. You might try changing the Greenhouse AIR unit (AIR 1621) to “indoor” under Stations, Manage Devices.

3 Likes

Aw noted and now changed - interestingly Weather Display picks up data from both sets of Airs from the ID and seems to cycle between them (so the temp goes up and then down etc) I guess this is a Weather Display Issue…

http://www.finchamweather.co.uk/

2 Likes

@dsj Andy has a good point here. Maybe a future feature to allow individual devices to be excluded from public view on a publicly shared station?

3 Likes

I believe the swapping back and forth is a weather-display issue. Not sure how that software deals with indoor/outdoor tags. @weather-display can you comment?

Regarding the question of sharing one device but not others, it’s a good point and something you can’t do yet, though we will likely enable that when we tackle the broader “fine grained” privacy control topic. For now, users have two relatively “coarse” controls over privacy: mark your station “not shared” or obfuscate your location. Lots more discussion on privacy here: Station Privacy and PII Concerns

2 Likes

yes, its a weather display issue, where it uses the last sensor found
what I need to do is have it where you enter the name of the sensor that you want to use as the main temperature
I will work on this today

4 Likes

I have enabled this, in the weather station type setup, now, in the latest .zip update of WD (build 70)
available from the www.weather-display.com download page

2 Likes

@weather-display Can WD be setup to use a 2nd Air for Indoor temp and humidity?

2 Likes

yes, I have added that ability in the latest update (you just enter the name for that air unit to use for indoor temp/hum)

2 Likes

Thats amazing - thanks for working on it. I have added in the sensor IDs - but WD still seems to keep cycling between the two?32

I have tried all combinations - from using the full ID to just the sensor number -ie 7286 etc - all of them still lead WD to cycle through the readings.

Hope thats ok to flag,

Edit - Just added a Sky - using the code numbers, all works well - but with the airs - 7296, 5193 WD cycles between the two for displaying temp.

Andy

1 Like

Hi
just enter the name only
not the whole ID number as well
then restart the separate cronweatherflow program

2 Likes

Thanks - it was the cronweather flow that i was not restarting - I got both units running, although the outside was not updating once loaded . I have now temporarily deleted the second unit and outside is running fine.

Andy

2 Likes

did you change to just having the names though?
I test with your ID and it worked here (with UDP not ticked)
but I can not test with UDP data

1 Like

Brian, I am having the same problem, once I add the “Indoor” Air, the “Outside” Air stops reporting. WD flatlines at the last reading. Using UDP and am just using the sensor names in the fields.

2 Likes

can you test by unticking to use udp in the cronweatherflow program
as a test
so then just gets data from http only
as I tested with that, using andyhudsonsmith station ID, and it worked in testing

also did you just enter the name only?

2 Likes

what’s your station ID hankster, so I can test here (cant use udp can test with http from the cloud data )

2 Likes

I could also make up some pretend UDP data and push that into the program to test
let me work on that

2 Likes

try another .zip update of WD ( a new cronweatherflow version)
it might be OK now
let me know :wink:

2 Likes

Just installed the latest zip - solar now works (brilliant!) - My outdoor temp now updates but Indoor (Greenhouse) is not updating. Using UDP.

Andy

1 Like

i thought you said you had removed one of them?

1 Like