Total solar gain for each day?

No, I have no role with WF other than as a 2-year (wow!) user of their gear and as one of the many beta testers of some stuff.

What I’m trying to get across is that there are literally dozens of requests from people who want the GUI to look like ‘this’ or who want more info of ‘that’ on it. I’m suggesting that this particular feature request should be really low on the priority list versus other very longstanding things that have much more far reaching user bases.

(example - make rain ‘accurate’ in realtime as emitted in the UDP broadcasts rather than requiring things like RainCheck to fake it questionably the next day after the fact.)

But suggest away. People need to use their very limited votes to say what’s important to them. Everybody’s list is different.

1 Like

My daily solar gain is displayed in a graph going back well over 12 months. I currently have the option of manually reading the values.

And I guess anyone can access all public stations to view similar data.
So the weatherflow servers already have that value stored and displayed for everyone.
This topic is in the feature request group which is supposed to use these guidelines:

cheers Ian :slight_smile:

the graph @iladyman shows gives you the average power as small dark blue lines. multiply those by 24 and you have your energy in Wh/m2. If that is useful for predicting solar panel output for a given location, i don’t know but that is the data @kietzmanbc is looking for.

When I apply arbitrary(!) scaling it follows the values reported by my solar array pretty good.

Hi MK,
For the purpose of ‘brevity, context and clarity’ I propose the title of your feature request be edited to clarify the feature request.
Given your comments:
‘data to be report-“able” based on intervals like monthly/weekly/last n months’
‘to provide history/date-range reporting on data already in the platform’

Would you agree to the title being edited to read?:
‘data to be report-“able” based on intervals like monthly/weekly’

I’m so confused now! I cannot find a path to the chart from your screenshot and now wondering if I am missing something fundamental in my understanding of both the app and the web browser) interface??

going to make a couple of coffees and try again. Will report back soon…

from the app’s opening page, click on the icon it the top right, now you are at the so called grid view, or live view. Click on any of the items (like UV) to see its graph. From there you can select various graphs including the one for solar radiation. zoom out as far as you can to get to the graph you want.

edit: i just discovered you can click on the solar radiation in the grid view.

1 Like

Ok… this kind of provides what I am looking for. I wasn’t aware the chart changed formats once you zoom out a certain amount of times. Since I am new to the product and app (and only have 5 days of data), does anyone know how far you can zoom out? 6 months? A year?

@sunny, thanks so much for the tip!

my data goes back to september 2018, but the graph scrolls back to aug 2017

This ‘feature request’ has evolved into a discussion which may have solved it for you. Perhaps we should mark it as resolved or move it out of the feature request category?

You can see everyones Tempest weather history and how far back it goes…
Using a browser select ‘map’ view to find where other stations are nearby to you. Select any station and you can see their live view of everything the same as yours. Click the ‘tempest’ to find their current solar radiation value and click it to go to their graph. Click ‘-’ until it is zoomed out to where you can see the daily values. You can then drag/slide the graph sideways to go back in history over 12 months.

Now if you wish to compare locations… if you open another browser tab you can select another station and show the exact same time period with daily values.
By selecting alternate tabs as you watch the charts you can easily notice the differences on different days most likely due to how clouds behave in different weather. And to compare what the weather was for the same time period you could open similar scaled graphs. This would provide a much better understanding than the monthly average you were requesting.
But warning: the calibration of the light sensor changes and will be different without you knowing it. You might assume that it is calibrated at the factory or in the design process but for some reason they require calibration after they are installed in their location. And you are not told when the calibration changes. People notice it with the UV sensor being way out but I also notice different calibration with the light sensor, at least on my Sky’s I can have 2 side by side in full sun and this is how they currently compare:

2 Likes

Thanks again for the clarity! I have marked it resolved.
So, I don’t think I can remove it from the feature request tag. I have looked, but cannot find a way.

1 Like

I have moved this item from Feature Requests into owners General.

Hello Gary Funk,

I see in the image that the number of hours of sunshine is displayed
would it be possible to integrate it into the application with SOLAR RADIATION
Where is there a script that could be proposed to have this interesting data to know the complete climatology
Thank you

cordially