Tighten Scale of graph of barometric pressure

Graph of barometric pressure is always a straight line, it’s too wide. I’ve never observed 31 inches. At least the option for a tighter scale would enable one to see graphically how the pressure is rising or falling. Thank you!

the vertical scale changes automatically, depending on the data visible. You might check that by zooming in and out. But the scale uses all the data in the zoom range, so you need to scroll left and right to check out the max and min values in that range.
If you still think it isn’t working, what is your station id, so others can have a look.

1 Like

This was just a feature request, a tighter range so the trend is more visible.

I know but on my app it as already pretty tight. just scroll to the left and right to check for the max and min values.
My current value is 1006.7 hPa, the minimum measured at the highest zoom level is 1005.9, the max is 1014.4 and the graph axis are labeled from 1006 to 1014. So it is really tight.

feature requests are always good. It is an indication of something that might be not optimal (at least for some users). So keep 'm coming.
Even though I just mentioned that the graph scale is already as tight as it can be, a better graphing system might help. One where the scale is based on the part that is in view, but also allow for arbitrary horizontal/vertical scaling.

Thanks Sunny my range is quite a bid wider: from 29.2 to 30.6 in Hg, and I’m at max zoom ( plus button is greyed out). I’ve had the unit about a month and it’s never approached 29.2. On the dates displayed its ranged 29.6 to 30. Station ID is 28332.

Compared to the wind speed graph, for example, which displays the gusts etc very well, the pressure graph, even in a big storm where it’s falling fast, displays as a straight line,(at least for me) so is not very informative.

hmm I guess your data isn’t public (or there is something else going on, as the page Tempest is just blue, with no data) that’s fine, but it means I can’t have a look. Sorry.

Thanks, it should be public

https://tempestwx.com/station/38332

(you had a typo in your station id)
hmm, that’s looking different than expected. Have a look at mine and see what I mean Tempest

Looks like a possible bug. perhaps something to do with the units. What happens if you temporarily switch to hPa as a unit?

Looks like a vertical axis scale bug when in inHg. As I toggle my settings to hPa, it scales fine.

indeed is seems a bug. I just tried it myself. Scaling works fine in all units accept inHg. Let’s tag @corrineb , she might be able to help.

1 Like

@jflorencejr Thanks for the report and @sunny and @SLOman thanks for digging into the details. Are you noticing this issue only on the web or are the iOS and Android apps also showing the same issue?

my android version works fine in both hPa and inHg.

1 Like

Issue on web and iOS, but looks ok on android (fire 8).

1 Like

I was also told that the pressure display is auto-ranging, but I don’t find that to be the case… My graphical scale shows a range from 27 to 33 inHg, but actual measurements range from 30.4 as a high to 29.7 as a low. A more useful range might be 29.5 to 30.5. Better yet if the user could set their own displayed range?

1 Like

what is your station ID so we can have a look?

Tempest “White Oak Rd”

I did a little investigation and I think it is a bug. When I temporarily switch my units to inHg it doesn’t scale very good. However using the units preferred in most parts of the world it scales fine. If you want to use inHg, you should report this as a bug ( Submit a request – WeatherFlow Support )

When I check it on Android and MS Edge on my computer, the range is 29.2-31.0. Are you using the App or a browser? What platform?

I’m typically using the Tempest app on iOS
iOS ver 14.6
Tempest.app ver 4.19 (501)

in a browser, the inHg pressure scales better than the app, but still displays much wider range than necessary or desirable.