Tempest Wind Sensor Failed

I did power cycle on hub and tempest. Lets see if that helps at all.

Following to see if that works.

sub’d for wind failure curiosity as I have multiple failures

It’s time to put in a support ticket if you haven’t.

I have, still curious on what made this one fail though

I have two tempest devices set about 10 miles apart from one another in 2 separate towns. My oldest is at my home and my newer one is at my business. I first had the “wind failed” notification on my tempest at home about a month ago and I reset everything and it went away and has been fine since. Now my other station at my business, about 10 miles from me for the fist time has a “wind failure” issue currently as I write this. It is reporting wind gusts of 25 mph when I know for a fact that winds are very light to calm. I will not be able to reset it until tomorrow when I can get to it during the day.

I had wind failed and was sent a new unit. New unit installed a couple of days ago. Hoping it was a fluke and the new one lasts more than 3 weeks.

1 Like

Replacement sensor has been up for 2 days and it is showing wind failed as well. I really want to like this product, but it’s getting harder and harder to trust the reliability. It seems to do what the original unit did…it says wind failed, but check it again a few seconds later and it says ok.

Just looked at your data. I see no failure for wind sensor, just 2 gaps where it was completely offline. Yesterday between 11 am and noon, and again between 4 and 5 pm. And since I see wind data on regular interval. Very light breeze or nothing but a point every minute.
What makes you think your wind sensor is dead ?

I actually don’t think it’s dead, but the app was showing what the original said under sensor status

That could be the case. I can’t confirm but I think there is some caching server side and it took some to clear.

I submitted a support ticket and see what they say. The first unit exhibited the same thing…wind failed under sensor status a couple of times, but would show as ok most of the time. Support sent me a new unit. The new unit arrived a couple of days ago and it is exhibiting the same symptoms already.

I notice that, periodically, my Sensor Status shows Wind Failed but if I then refresh the data page, it will say OK. Has anyone else had this issue?
Station ID:15419

I’ve been having the same issue with one of my tempest units as well. Sporadic “WIND_FAILED” status and occasional crazy wind speed values. After many weeks of back and forth with support, they are sending a new unit. Fingers crossed that the new hardware fixes the issue.

I had that happen on my first unit and it was replaced. My second unit had a wind fail and support told me that it is a known issue with the current firmware…that it is a false error and will be addressed with the next firmware.

1 Like