Tempest Weather App : what changes would you propose?

5 posts were split to a new topic: Tempest weather app, the old layout is still there

Bummer - oh well. Thought I’d ask.

There are cases for more than one station at one location. For example, due to siting issues, I have stations 180 degrees on opposite sides of my house so that I have the best anemometer exposure possible at my location. I am glad to see it will be added soon. Thanks!

Why not? I bet that @WFmarketing would do something to facilitate a loose Hub purchase if asked.

I’m sure that I am not the only person here with a new-in-box Air/Sky Hub (or two) on the shelf, so it might be worth putting a call out on a new thread to see if anyone has one they are willing to part with.

Mandatory disclaimer that Air/Sky Hub cannot update Tempest firmware, so make sure that you have a Tempest Hub in case they ever need to push an update to a Tempest…

As many have stated it would be great to get decimal place values for Temp, rain and wind. I know at the moment we can switch back to the old app but I have no confidence that will stay as I don’t see you supporting two apps in the long run. If that is the direction I would like to see the minute by minute history we have in the old app that is missing in the new app as I use that all the time. It would be great to be able to click on something to drill down to a more detailed view for anything at least in the top main section of the new app. This is pretty much a standard these days for apps like this and I am surprised that is missing. Thanks

3 Likes

Okay. One can’t order directly. It’s not a listed item.

1 Like

@vreihen I was hoping the same. I’ve already asked the question via the WeatherFlow website. Just waiting for the workweek to start to see what they say.

Ah I see it now thanks. My issue with the graphs is they are overly smoothed and when you zoom out you get very low resolution (very few data points).

I wish there was a way to display time and date. Also, I’d like to be able to choose whether to display baro pressure to 2 or 3 decimal places (29.XX or 29.XXX).

2 Likes

Could we have the option of which view to have as our app default ‘home’ page? I would prefer to change to my device’s readings (as per the old app) rather than forecast as I am more interested in current readings than forecast. Many thanks.

To Change the units actually a “rotate by click” functionality is used. I would prefer a popup menu to direct select the unit of interest.

For those fields, only two units are available, the rotate-by-click is good, only one click to change.
But for those with more then 2 options, it’s easier to see all options and select the desired.

I would really like to see Monthly & Yearly highs and lows and rain totals in the Tempest app. The daily summary is great. Please add a Monthly and Yearly summary too.

2 Likes

My list of wants:

1. barometric pressure and trend displayed in main graphic area (I don’t care about UV as a primary indicator) Or, selectable ?
  2. rainfall amount in forecast
  3. 3-second updates for wind
  4. weather radar
  5. get rid of the blank screen while data is updating

Thanks. Those would make it perfect!

4 Likes

I’d love some theme options for the the background to adjust the device “Night/Dark modes” and even some other colors for better readability.

3 Likes

Please add tide times. I feel the line in the interface that shows sunrise/sunset could use the space for more data. Maybe add the 2 high and low tide times for the day as well.

2 Likes

It would be nice to set the app to display either the new display or the old one automatically when it is opened. I prefer the precision of the old one, and now it takes an extra “click” with my finger to get there. I realize some like the new display, so being able to set a default would make all parties happy.

3 Likes

I’m fairly happy out of the gate. First issue was the inability to connect to WU from what I was reading to be true via the app. If WU fails down the road so be it, but give the option for now and as your maps populate with more comparable PWS Tempests in my area, it will be a moot point since I’d use that as my primary mapping feature.

Next would be historical highs/lows for temps precipitation and the dates they were achieved. Max wind would be great too since it actually helped me pinpoint a wind event date for a house insurance claim a year after the fact on a previous PWS I owned. Put it all on one click of the app. I think this would really enhance it.

Very nice effort right off the get go though guys. I’m pleased and hope for more.

4 Likes

In the History section under wind gust I would like to see the Time of the wind gust along with the speed that is now given.

3 Likes

Use the GPS location to view nearby Tempest stations. I don’t want to view the SWS (AIR/SKY) units. Just the Tempest stations.

Any particular reason? The SWS units should be just nearly as good as Tempest in most cases