Tempest Weather App : what changes would you propose?

No. Hubs aren’t that easy to order for free.

3 Likes

On the new opening page of the Tempest app, which I like, I would like the ability in settings to display decimal for temperature and wind.

6 Likes

@GaryFunk I didn’t realize we could order just a hub. Is that possible? Didn’t see it on the site.

You can’t order just a Hub.

Some separation between the forecasts in the 10-day forecast section would be nice (alternating colors or something).

Are the 10-day forecasts the one created from my weather station?

5 posts were split to a new topic: Tempest weather app, the old layout is still there

Bummer - oh well. Thought I’d ask.

There are cases for more than one station at one location. For example, due to siting issues, I have stations 180 degrees on opposite sides of my house so that I have the best anemometer exposure possible at my location. I am glad to see it will be added soon. Thanks!

Why not? I bet that @WFmarketing would do something to facilitate a loose Hub purchase if asked.

I’m sure that I am not the only person here with a new-in-box Air/Sky Hub (or two) on the shelf, so it might be worth putting a call out on a new thread to see if anyone has one they are willing to part with.

Mandatory disclaimer that Air/Sky Hub cannot update Tempest firmware, so make sure that you have a Tempest Hub in case they ever need to push an update to a Tempest…

As many have stated it would be great to get decimal place values for Temp, rain and wind. I know at the moment we can switch back to the old app but I have no confidence that will stay as I don’t see you supporting two apps in the long run. If that is the direction I would like to see the minute by minute history we have in the old app that is missing in the new app as I use that all the time. It would be great to be able to click on something to drill down to a more detailed view for anything at least in the top main section of the new app. This is pretty much a standard these days for apps like this and I am surprised that is missing. Thanks

3 Likes

Okay. One can’t order directly. It’s not a listed item.

1 Like

@vreihen I was hoping the same. I’ve already asked the question via the WeatherFlow website. Just waiting for the workweek to start to see what they say.

Ah I see it now thanks. My issue with the graphs is they are overly smoothed and when you zoom out you get very low resolution (very few data points).

I wish there was a way to display time and date. Also, I’d like to be able to choose whether to display baro pressure to 2 or 3 decimal places (29.XX or 29.XXX).

2 Likes

Could we have the option of which view to have as our app default ‘home’ page? I would prefer to change to my device’s readings (as per the old app) rather than forecast as I am more interested in current readings than forecast. Many thanks.

To Change the units actually a “rotate by click” functionality is used. I would prefer a popup menu to direct select the unit of interest.

For those fields, only two units are available, the rotate-by-click is good, only one click to change.
But for those with more then 2 options, it’s easier to see all options and select the desired.

I would really like to see Monthly & Yearly highs and lows and rain totals in the Tempest app. The daily summary is great. Please add a Monthly and Yearly summary too.

2 Likes

My list of wants:

1. barometric pressure and trend displayed in main graphic area (I don’t care about UV as a primary indicator) Or, selectable ?
  2. rainfall amount in forecast
  3. 3-second updates for wind
  4. weather radar
  5. get rid of the blank screen while data is updating

Thanks. Those would make it perfect!

4 Likes

I’d love some theme options for the the background to adjust the device “Night/Dark modes” and even some other colors for better readability.

3 Likes

Please add tide times. I feel the line in the interface that shows sunrise/sunset could use the space for more data. Maybe add the 2 high and low tide times for the day as well.

2 Likes