Tempest Temperature Question

that’s possibly a valid point. But I don’t know if the Continuous Learning is applied to the temperature (I just can’t remember it ever being mentioned, probably because it could be pretty accurate on its own)

I’m pretty sure CL is not used for temp.

Because the big-data stuff possibly costs far more than altering the sun louvers etc. physically. Once you go down the path of ‘smart’ instruments rather than ‘plug+play’ instruments, you have alternate options to consider for your business.

Well I’m a newbie here. My Tempest has only been up for about a day but I have noticed mine is reading almost exactly what the NWS station about 3 miles from my house reads.

1 Like

I’m in Arizona in the midst of the summer monsoon - we’re seeing all kinds of weather, from sunny triple-digit days to pounding thunderstorms and wind. The temp readings seem to be spot-on, and similar to the Air/Sky combo it replaced, which had the Air module mounted in the shade on the front porch.

Yes ,I had a thread after the hub update mine is off. But then my uv and lux appear to be low and high respectively.

Is WF using servers with proprietary software to do the math and then it is constantly reading all of the sensors on tempest and then running math on everybody’s specific unit and the sending the adjustments back to the hubs. Thats a lot of backend equipment to support,

Or are they plugging a algorithm into the hub and doing the Math there?

determining the parameters used in calibrating the sensors is done at remote servers. Once those parameters are set, they are used in your own local station to get the correct value. So it is a mix of both.

I have both an Air/Sky system and a Tempest system. The Air is always in complete shade. I have never seen the two systems vary by more than a degree, usually much less.

1 Like

Please explain what a true estimate is? Do you think the Tempest is giving a false estimate? My unit seems to work just fine!

I have the sensor push temperature and humidity sensor on the shaded side of my house, where the tempest is on the south side. A full 10 degrees higher temp is being recorded in the sun. Now it isn’t mounted up high, but in a temporary location.

You’re going to have to reword that into either a problem statement or a question please.

temporarily move your temperature sensor close to the tempest and try again.