Tempest Shipping Progress

Will you still be saying that when an errant AGM-88 HARM missile comes flying through your roof when it sees the US-frequency devices and confuses the signal for a surface-to-air missile launcher??? :wink:

5 Likes

How on earth does midsummer become next year. This is just a made up guess based on nothing.

2 Likes

Well the midsummer is not an offical release date for us either and a guess also on their part.

If the date or month was in concrete then would be saying the month and not a guess midsummer

I think their midsummer is a guess also

Yes, you’re right. They’re not prepared to put a month on it yet. They’re managing expectations, absolutely. However, next year is huge leap. They’ll be rioting in the street.

FWIW, I’d suggest you guys might ease up a little bit on this topic. It’s not like somebody has your orders flagged to slow them down. You could undoubtedly get your money back if you wanted to.

I waited 9 months for my kickstarter air+sky. Others waited far longer…and that was without basically the whole world economy stopping for months.

7 Likes

If you read my posts, you’d notice I was complaining about the delays but explaining. Thanks…

1 Like

Will the shipping survey come from Indiegogo or Weather Flow? I unsubscribed from Indiegogo because i was getting 15 emails a week from them. Worried now I might miss something if it is coming from them.

The WeatherFlow e-mail comes from Backerkit. From what I’ve read, Backerkit works with both platforms, so you should be okay. Either way, I’d register with Backerkit now. This way, you could check the site periodically and see when your order is being processed.

Thank you MiamiWX I did just register with Backerit it does not show I have any supported projects? Do they not show up until the survey is sent out?

I’m not sure about that. I would send an e-mail to IG’s support and ask that specific question. If all you did was unsubscribe from IG’s e-mails, I wouldn’t think it would be a problem, since you are a legitimate backer.

1 Like

OK will do thank you. I see when i log into Indiegogo that i have paid an campaign is supported. it just doesn’t show any supported campaigns in Backerit yet?

WeatherFlow was working on shipping out the Tempest units to the backers on the KickStarter platform, since they were the first ones to back the project. I don’t believe they’ve started to send confirmation e-mails to anyone on Indiegogo, yet.

Oh OK i didn’t know there was a KickStarter campaign as well? When I went to WeatherFlow’s website it just showed Indiegogo. Must be KickStarter campaign was first and then ended before i saw it and ordered through Indiegogo?

2 Likes

Yes, the KS platform offered the Tempest before IG did. The date was December 5th, if I recall correctly.

2 Likes

I got my Tempest last week. I think I did the KickStarter route, around last November. I think they’ve done incredibly well getting things moving, considering everything that’s going on now. Hang in there guys, yours will come sooner than later. Better than the high tech automatic cat feeder my gf backed a few years ago… 2-3 years of delays and excuses, then they disappeared into the night with everyone’s money. Clearly nothing like that is gonna happen here.

3 Likes

@WeatherFlowTeam, @WFstaff any news on shipping dates for EU? I am so desperately waiting since years on my WF station :slight_smile:

Indiegogo Updates
From an update posted on May 26th
International Backers of Tempest Complete System

Tempest Complete Systems bound for countries outside of North America will begin shipping in midsummer 2020 (sᴉʍᴉʞ ⅋ sǝᴉssnɐ noʎ ɹoɟ ɹǝpuᴉʍpᴉɯ). We want our international backers to have the worry-free delivery experience we promised, which means a fully certified device arriving with duties and taxes prepaid. Because of the delays in the required radio testing & certification, and in opening our international shipping and logistics centers, we have not reached that point yet, but we are making good progress.

newest expectations are midsummer 2020, around July/August.
We’re being intentionally vague because we simply don’t know a more exact time frame for delivery at this point.

8 Likes

I had a good laugh when I saw this. I do wonder, however, is the cold season down under called winder rather than winter like in the north?

6 Likes

This error was noted and will be fixed on the next release… :upside_down_face:

5 Likes