Tempest Production Update

Is there a specific reason why someone with the original hub would want to order the complete Tempest package?

Nope! Once the firmware is finalized on the Tempest there will be no need to stop using the original Hub.

1 Like

The only reason I can think of is if you want the battery backup and/or cellular backup.

1 Like

For your international customers, can you comment on whether the packages shipped from your store will be delivered duty paid?

If not, can you comment on how large the discounts will be, and whether for international customers who want a Tempest without a hub it would be better to back the Indiegogo campaign which I assume is delivered duty paid (based on the experience of your first pre-orders for Air/Sky modules)?

2 Likes

Great. Thanks for the update WFstaff.

Rick Comito
Station 4756

I might consider it. A lot of times when I “upgrade”, the previous equipment goes to family.

On IGG, duties will be paid, here’s the FAQ…

Am I responsible for paying duty / customs / VAT fees?
This project is US-friendly, Canada-friendly, EU-friendly and Australia-friendly. Rewards bound for the EU will ship from within the EU. Rewards bound for other countries will ship from within those countries. All duties and taxes are pre-paid by WeatherFlow. Your pledged amount (reward + shipping) is all you pay.

Currently we are not covering duties on shipments direct from our online store but that might change with Tempest orders. We’ll confirm this for you and others soon along with exact discounts and pricing.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info - much appreciated!

If you would be able to confirm these details before you close the Indiegogo campaign that would be great :smiley: .

One good reason to get a new hub - if you’re intending to sell or otherwise pass along the old unit, the next owner will need a hub. Between that fact and the great pricing offered via the Indiegogo campaign, I went ahead and ordered a new complete setup, rather than waiting for a hubless option later.

3 Likes

If u order from indiego now. – will u get it faster, than waiting for the first generation customer reduced price offer. Please help. Any updates

Today the problem is not so much to order. China is slowly recovering from a full lockdown, Europe is now going into lockdown and the US will too soon enough.
I think your concern shouldn’t be the Tempest right now to put it blunt.

To answer your question, if you order from Indiegogo you’ll be delivered before the ones that will be ordered via WeatherFlow directly. When ??

I’ll copy the latest statement from WeatherFlow’s CEO I got yesterday via Indiegogo that is official. As you can read they will do what can be done to be as expedited as possible but you can easily read between the lines all can/will change as the Covid-19 pandemic goes around the globe.

In the meantime stay safe and follow the safety rules from WHO. Your and other’s life depends on it.

A note from WeatherFlow’s CEO

Outlined below is an update on the status of your Tempest and some information on how the global pandemic is affecting our company. Our customers and supporters are at the heart of what we do at WeatherFlow, and we are very grateful for your patience in these uncertain times.

Our production facility in China is slowly rebuilding capacity. We are building products while following strict protective health measures to keep employees safe. After reopening in late February we are not yet up to full staffing, but nonetheless completed units are rolling off the line and we have every confidence that progress will continue. We expect our first shipment of production Tempests to arrive in Florida later this month, where each Tempest will undergo quality control testing and calibration at our fulfillment center in Daytona. We plan on completing shipping of Tempest Complete Systems to all customers in North America by the end of April. Capacity constraints mean shipments bound for destinations outside of North America will be delayed until May, and shipments of the Tempest Remote System and Storm & Fire Ready Kit will also be a month or more beyond our originally expected ship dates.

We are disappointed with the delays, while also being quite relieved that our difficulties are not worse. This is a dynamic situation, so we will provide regular updates on our progress, including any additional changes to the expected shipping schedule. We will also post here before the first shipping confirmation emails go out so you know to check your Inbox!

As the coronavirus situation evolves, our incredible team is constantly monitoring the latest updates from the CDC, WHO, and other health organizations. In addition, we are taking enhanced health precautions to ensure the safety of our staff and our customers. We have implemented strict cleaning and hygiene guidelines, and we are providing work rules, guidance, and information to help keep our employees and their families safe. We are also encouraging staff to work remotely when appropriate, in addition to restricting non-essential travel.

These are uncertain times, but I am encouraged by our experience in China, where the spread of illness is now largely under control after a very scary chapter just a short time ago.

Please never hesitate to contact us. We are grateful for your trust and your patience as we navigate this unusual situation.

We will certainly weather this storm!

Buck Lyons

10 Likes