Tempest - Issues setting up new Hub

the only other thing is to reset the tempest (hold the green blinking led… it is also the reset button). But I’m not sure that will help as it sounds that you’re not getting to that stage yet

Awesome community, awesome support.

It was as trivial as deleting my old stations from the app.
I thought a different account would have done the same, but alas.

Ill update the initial post with the solution once my kids give me a break.

Thanks to all who have helped

3 Likes

You have so many options. You can have multiple accounts, multiple stations on one account and multiple devices on one station.

In short, you have many options in how you set up stations…

1 Like

My hub went offline just after midnight last night and my wife discovered it this morning. The solution I used was a little different than OP, so hopefully this will help someone.

1. Unplug hub and wait 10 seconds.
  2. Unplug hub, head to Home Depot followed by Lowe’s (HD didn’t have the valve) to pick up new shower valve to fix the leak.
  3. Replace leaky valve and restore water to the house. Bask in the cheers from those who need coffee.
  4. Plug hub back in while pressing reset for 20 seconds.
  5. Set up WiFi again and check hub status.
  6. Lean back in satisfaction that turning it off and back on again solved yet another technology problem.
2 Likes

I’m a bit confused as to what I’m seeing. I just received and set up my new Tempest production unit. However, depending on what screens I’m looking in the app and the web interface, its offline in some and online in others. Can someone look at these devices and tell me what’s what.
Station ID:15419 (test unit)
Station ID: 24315 (prod unit).

Thank you!

ok, think something went a bit wacko during setup

you have 2 hubs and both are running fine (I upped 24315 to latest fw just now)

Tempest 1430 is llinked to hub 15419

Tempest 7770 is linked to both hubs … (go figure how that was possible :woozy_face: :sweat_smile:)

I propose you go in the app and in devices you delete the Tempest where you see it (maybe both, maybe just one but just delete), then unplug the hub where you don’t want it to be and add the Tempest again to the hub you want it to join.

Hopefully server get’s the message and links it to the correct hub only. If that fails I’ll have to ask someone to go fiddle under the hood.

I just deleted and re-added Tempest 7770 after unplugged my original hub (Station ID:15419) but looks like I’m still seeing the same thing. Also, this new Tempest is inside my office but is reporting a temp of 95 degrees.

seems that didn’t do the trick indeed.
Let me ask internally if they can move the Tempest 7770 to hub 24315

Christina from support might have the solution

delete the Tempest from the hub, unplug it so it is no more online.

Then reset the Tempest via a long push on the led (it has the hub in memory and needs to be deleted), once that is done, re pair it with the other hub.

Hopefully that solves it (gosh why didn’t I think about it :innocent:)

1 Like

I’m not even seeing that option on either the mobile app or the web interface.

you mean delete the Tempest in the app? swipe the Tempest name and you will see the delete option appear

Ok, I found it and was able to delete it. Unplugged the new hub, reset the new Tempest. Plugged in the new hub and re-paired. Any change on your end?

2 hubs online and only 1 Tempest linked to hub 15419

Did you do a long press on the led, more then 10 seconds till it flashes, not just a quick push that only reboots it

Yes, I did hold it down until it flashed.

was the hub 15419 offline while you did this ?? I always unplug the hubs I don’t want to pair to, to be sure it won’t go there since I never know what station I get when using the phone, all hubs turn blue each time …

Ok, I think it finally worked. I unplugged my original hub. Got my new Tempest and hub on and paired.

perfect

I see each hub with one Tempest linked. inside partial screenshot

2 Likes