- Took delivery of the first unit on August 28th.
- Installed it on the roof with a short 12" mast bolted to a concrete wall, virtually eliminating all vibrations (see image below).
- Connected to a Ubiquiti Unifi nanoHD access point (-42 dBm).
- Replaced the unit on October 12th because it kept going offline.
- Reliable temperature, humidity, pressure and illuminance readings.
- Excellent iOS/Android/web application.
- Looks good.
- Last night (December 5th) we had a light rain (woke up to wet streets) which went completely undetected (see image below). No notification. No accumulation. Like it never happened.
- Station keeps going offline once or twice a week. If I’m not at home to power-cycle it, it becomes useless.
- False lightning strike notifications every now and then, triggered by traffic (heavy trucks, fire engines etc.) in front of my house. Cry wolf in full effect now.
- Light wind reporting, although accurate in intensity, is all over the place in direction, with subsequent readings swinging wildly, often with diametrically opposite values. Again, basically useless.
- Very expensive $330 temperature, humidity and pressure sensor. Not really good for much else IMHO.
Would I buy it again: no.
Would I recommend it: no.