Temperature timestamp

Is there a way to get a timestamp for the daytime high and daytime low? I always find it interesting to see when these temperatures occured. I know that there are graphs which show the rise and fall of temperatures but a timestamp would be neat. Does a different app have this information?

4 Likes

Something like this, but maybe restricted to ‘Today’ instead of 24-hours?

I’ve been an advocate of the this since the summer of 2020! To this day. . .Nothing has happened on this. . .but. . .in the History tab. . .there is a date stamp for Week Month Year and All Time. Each day. . .I have to “hunt” thru the temperature graphs (I have 4 Tempest stations!) to search for the time that the High and Low Temperature occurred. 'Twould be very nice to just go to the History tab (“One Stop Shop Headquarters”) and see something like this . . . .

1 Like

Yes exactly like that! I just want to see the times.

1 Like

Dang since 2020? I would think that this would be something pretty simple to get coded into the tempest app. Not sure why this cant be accomplished especially considering that this might be hot button item that many people would like to see. Its just good data to have in general.

2 Likes

Yes…would be nice to get time stamps on temperatures as well as other weather parameters.

tweatherman

1 Like

Yeah its weird because I’ve had cheap weather stations in the past that had timestamps on the digital display that came with the unit so I would expect some of these pricier weather stations to have such a simple feature. I mean even the other higher end ones lack this. I wish I knew more about computer programming because this seems like an easy add-on feature.

2 Likes

. . .and . . .yes the weird thing about it is. . . .they put “date stamps” on for Week Month Year and All Time. . .but missed theee most important one. . . .timestamps for “Day”

1 Like

I think the easiest and most straightforward way to get close to what you want is through the Weather Underground integration. This records your data in 5 minute intervals. You can pull up the data for any given date range. The default view is Graphs, but there is a Table tab that will display the data in spreadsheet format. You can then highlight the table and simply copy paste into a spreadsheet to sort and manipulate the data. Sort on the temp field ascending and descending to see the high and low.

Another option is to use the IFTTT integration. There is an IFTTT trigger for “New Observation” that will fire every time it gets a new observation (every 1 minute) and log it to a Google Sheets doc. Note, by default, IFTTT only allows 2000 rows before it creates a new sheet…which is annoying. There is a workaround if you don’t want it to roll like that. Details are here Google Sheets, IFTTT and the 2000 row limit - a query [EDIT - and Solution]

WeatherFlow really missed the bus when they didn’t put the timestamps on the daily values in the history.

tweatherman

1 Like

Low temp was 19.0°. . .and the High temp was 29.1°. Okay. . .that’s nice! But W H E N did these temperatures occur?? Have no way of telling without having to go HUNT thru the Temperature Graph to find these two points and record them! Meteorologists (like me!) Would Kinda like to know the times of such occurrances without spending exta unnecessary time trying to Hunt this down. Today’s 2023 Technology should have extracted the times and placed it under the appropriate Temperature digits.

OBTW. . .the high temp of 29.1°. . .per locating it in the graph occurred at 12:00am CST and the low of 19.0° locating it in the temperature graph occurred at 8:32am CST.

For simple comparison. . .for the week. . .here are the dates that such temperatures occurred.

and for the Month of January. . .so far. . .

. . . but still NO times for daily High and Low Temperatures. “Sad!” :frowning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.