Take action based on readings (temp, wind, rain, etc

allow us to take action based on a condition such as if temp over 30 degree centigrade, or raining or windy, close windows, set alarm or turn on house fan. (I have alarm on my honeywell thermostats which is very handy)
provide link/tag that can be used by homekit, IFTTT, etc.

There are already simple script at IFTTT.
All data is available and it is up to people to use or write the scenario’s. It is just impossible for WeatherFlow to write for all different models and brands (that would need quite some team to do it and maintain it).
If you have a special need maybe someone on forum could help you to achieve it ?

3 Likes

I have the need to have an alarm set for a specific rainfall amount (Greater than ,75 inch) and I would receive a text or email. I was suggested to go the IFTTT but they did not have that trigger. I am using the instrument as a regulatory device at a landfill and need to complete inspections post 1 inch rain falls. Where do I find a service to link with the Tempest to provide the notification?

While there are ways a Tempest and some additional stuff can provide the notification you desire, Tempest is not really meant for regulatory measurements of any kind, in my opinion. A rain specific sensor with ongoing traceable calibration/verification and a backup float alarm may be a better option, but this is not my area of expertise.