Support response time?

In normal cases 1 to 2 hours a day should be ok for a week. At least we know pretty sure the Tempest is bad.

If you didn’t already, open a support ticket mentioning your station ID and our findings … they will replace the unit if confirmed.

I just checked it again, its been in the direct strong sun for 3.5 hours today, switch on. No response when I pressed the led button on the bottom. switched off, then on and nothing. I’d say its dead.

I had already submitted a support ticket last Monday, How do I update it with these findings?

Thanks for your help diagnosing. Seems consistent with the other Tempest battery/charging issues I’ve read about.

When you opened a ticket you did receive a mail to confirm I guess, I think you can reply with the mail as it has a tracking code, you write above the line and it will be added to the ticket in Zendesk.

Done, thanks again for your help and efforts

1 Like

New unit just arrived. Its a nice sunny day so I’m going to do the replace process shortly and will let you know

Well that was very easy! Turned on new one, set in sun (same location as old), fired up the app, it found the new one and I did a replace. In about 30 seconds data started to appear and status is ok. awesome. Showing 2.59 volts which I think is higher than in the past. I’ll check the history.

Mailing back the original sensor shortly. Anything besides the sensor you want me to include in the box so you can id it and diagnose?

Many thanks to all that helped resolve this.

2 Likes

awesome the new one is working for you.

So 7 weeks into the new unit and I took a few minutes to review the batter levels. All good for the first 5 weeks or so, running right around 2.60 v…but in the past 3 weeks thats now dropped to the low to mid 2.4x v range. While we have had rain and clouds, the past 4 days or so have been very clear (and cool) and sunny. Not sure if this is a reflection on the sun angle or I hope its not a declining charging ability (again). Any advice?

Not sure your station is really seeing direct sunlight

Last time it went over 300w/m^2 was September 1th … before that it got sun though very very short periods, just enough to recharge what it drained.

hhmmmm, thats what I was wondering! I have not moved it from the location of the original one as well as the replacement (I bought a fence top post/rail per the example, but still need to mount it). If I remember correctly, it needs 2 hours of direct (sun on the solar panels) per day right?

Are you able to take a photo of your Tempest and post it here? Also it should be facing this way… Correct orientation tempest

A few days ago I moved it out in the middle of my yard as the sun has now dropped below the trees much of the day and they still have leaves on them. Maybe when the leaves fall I can move it back there, but I’d need to find a more permanent location for it. I have the pipe, etc…just need to find a location in the sun and “acceptable” to wife.

1 Like

Past few days the sun has been out a lot more and I still have the sensor sitting in the middle of my yard, getting the most possible mid and late day direct sun exposure. Charting the battery over the past week or so its gone from an avg of 2.38-2.40 to the mid 2.4x for the past day or two and today at 2.51 since mid day. Good trend and I need to go back and read some of the battery charging posts, but will I be ok at this level?

at that level of sunshine you should be ok :wink:

It continues to do better and I think I’ve found a better permanent location for it in the middle of my front yard. Up to 2.71 this morning before the clouds and rain moved in.

2 Likes

much better :slight_smile: