Storm & Fire Ready Kit - dead?

It’s been a while since I’ve heard any updates on the Storm and Fire kit - ordered, told it was being delayed… got a battery backup… and nothing. I hope this isn’t dead?! Any updates of substance?

I saw a post that the pro hub was planned to be shipping back in June…

Thanks!!

@dsj or @WFstaff - any word?

It is still in the works as @dsj noted in another thread.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. Don’t use any Apple products anymore, so not at all interested in HomeKit, but that’s just me. Wifi can talk to just about anything out there, Google Assistant, Smartthings, IFTTT, Zwave or Zigbee hubs -maybe make a hub that is less standards-dependent? I appreciate that the Tempest isn’t a one-trick pony (I like the WU and Rachio integrations) but don’t lock yourself out of parts of the (interested) market. I’d be more than happy with POE or even just ethernet for the Pro product. Do Pro product customers care about turning on a Homekit light bulb? I’d like rain to trigger a scene, or an automation in Smartthings… maybe integrate with my Ecobee sensors to provide accurate outside temp and weather forecasts. I did like the “future” app renderings that accidentally made it to advertising, integrating AQI info… thanks for the update, and keep up the good work. Sorry I didn’t see any other updated info about the Kit from @dsj, that was the reason for the question.

1 Like

I would second this. My primary interest in this was to get a device with a backup battery and the ability to continue reporting if my internet went down for a while. Homekit is of zero interest.

@nraumann and @chris.king, just for the record, I was not responding about HomeKit, I was merely pointing out what @dsj said about the pro hub progress, specifically:

Yeah I’m eager to get my hands on this pro hub that I ordered ages ago mainly to keep the Tempest connected to the internet if the power or internet cuts out.

@dsj any news on this? Thanks

Not dead. Just delayed! It’s been a lot of “two steps forward, one step back,” but we’re getting there.

4 Likes

Hopefully it’s going well. My Tempest has been running really well.

1 Like

I’m leaving home for a trip south to our retirement property next weekend, and was really hoping for a miracle since my plan is to use my S&F kit down there where we have no building, electricity, or wired Internet access. We only get down that way once or twice per year, so my next installation opportunity may be Christmas week…

Any news @dsj on the Storm & Fire ready kit? Thanks

1 Like

From what I’ve heard, they are doing some internal testing to the pro hub.

1 Like

Has anyone heard when 4G adapter for Tempest will be available

Hopefully I get this soon. I paid for it a while back and still don’t have it!

1 Like

I’m hoping to see mine before Christmas, which will be my next trip down south to our lakeside tree farm where I want to install it…

No updates is that last I’ve heard…

I almost forgot I ordered one until I saw this thread reemerge. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@WeatherFlowTeam @dsj Is this still going ahead? It’s been ages and I haven’t heard anything about it since Backerkit.

Still not dead! Field testing is progressing slowly but surely!

4 Likes