Status Light on Tempest Hub

Great thanks for your help

1 Like

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.
Weatherflow station (base) is literally 6 inches from the router. The RSSI reading is 18
Both are plugged into the same UPS. So power glitches are not an issue.
The sky and 2 airs are all within 50 feet of the base in different locations so wifi being blocked would not an issue for all at the same time.
Several times a week at different times, I get the Station Offline message. Usually unplugging it and re-plugging it in fixes it, but sometimes I have to do it 3-4 times before it will finally reconnect.
Any thoughts or hints?
TIA

When you get this message, what is the colour of the led on the hub ?

Sky and Air do not use wifi, they use radio to link to the hub (915 Mhz), only your hub uses wifi to get to the internet.

Thanks for the reply. When it happened this morning, the light was a steady blue. Which is the bluetooth message from what I understand.

Indeed, guess some device connects to the hub (maybe a phone trying in the background or you using the app to look at the weather?)

In any case bluetooth stops wifi in the hub and it can’t go via there. If the device connecting via bluetooth forwards to the internet all is ok but we have seen recent cases that it mostly stops after some time

Hmm, It went offline this morning at 5AM MST. It certainly wasn’t me making a phone call at that point :slight_smile:
Any known fixes?
Would plugging the hub into a spare USB port on the router help?

The Hub should only ever be plugged into the provided power supply… never into a USB port on a router, computer, etc…

Nothing to fix hub wise … try to find which device is snooping behind your back … :upside_down_face: and eventually disable the bluetooth or eventually the Weatherflow app to access BT in the background (depending OS)