Station off line message

I received a station off line message this evening. The hub LED was green. I cycled power on the hub and it came back up green. I cycled the router. No change. I took the Tempest unit off the pole (I sure am glad that I don’t have mine mounted on a tall pole attached to the roof of a barn or chimney!) and brought it in the house. It took two of us to twist off the pole mount to access the switch and LED on the bottom of the unit! I cycled the switch and got some green flashes and the unit once again showed online! YEA! In the process I noticed at the bottom of the main data page that there is a little dark dot and next to that is the word “online”. I expected the dot to change color, perhaps to green, to show “online” positive status. But no, the dot does not change color at all - no matter the status. Seems rather useless. The unit was online continuously for a little over 32 days. Why would it suddenly drop off? Since I had the unit inside, I cleaned off the bird droppings (rain) and wiped miller moth excrement from other areas. This of course showed up as fake rain. It would be nice if there was a way, via software interface, to delete fake rain whether it be from cleaning the unit or bird visitations. I am still stumped as to why the Tempest unit would suddenly drop off line after working steadily for over a month,
Dave…

A post was merged into an existing topic: Tempest lost connection? (Solved with reset)

A post was merged into an existing topic: Tempest lost connection? (Solved with reset)