Spiking temperature when changing battery in AIR

I’m not sure if there is a solution to this, but when I change batteries in AIR, the temperature readings spike 10-15 degrees F after I re-insert the batteries. Then it takes about 10 minutes to get back to normal.

Is there a solution to this?

From what I see your Air was in near freezing conditions when you changed your batteries. Those came from a warm place I guess so they warmed the Air from the inside.

There is not much you can do to avoid this as the heat has to dissipate. Maybe leave the batteries in the cold for several hours before putting them in the Air.

Also I wonder why did you change them ? The previous set was far far from depletion.

AIR voltage will remain sufficient until ~2.4v, then the lightning sensor will not have enough juice to function. However, the other sensors will continue to report until ~1.9v.

2 Likes

Thanks the quick reply, Eric!

I don’t anticipate having to change them often, so it really isn’t a big deal and I was mostly just curious.

As for why I changed the battery, I had alkaline batteries installed and decided to switch to lithium as per the instructions so they last longer.

2 Likes