SmartThings, WebCore and Web Socket Events?

I’m using the WeatherFlow API to pull my station’s weather observations into WebCore (that works with SmartThings). I currently use the temperature from my station to change the color of an RGB bulb.

Unfortunately, I don’t see lightning and rain alerts in the API observations, so I still use IFTTT with WebCore for those, but so far they have worked well.

API%20Pull

Lightning and rain start events are sent over Web Socket, not REST. Have a look: https://weatherflow.github.io/SmartWeather/api/ws.html

Thanks. I did notice that, but I’m not a developer and have no idea how to use websockets.

I’m not sure how to access WebSocket stuff with WebCore & SmartThings, but I’ve moved your question to the #developers category - maybe some of our friendly third-party developers here can help out!

2 Likes

Im curious, as the information page on the WeatherFlow product page shows smartthings integration.

From what I’ve been told this spring they will have the integration. They’re wanting to roll it out with the new model of WeatherStation. I’m currently using ITTT to extend my awning when it rains, but the slightest drop makes it roll out and nothing to roll it back. Way too limited.
I’m hoping the integration will open up unlimited options!

1 Like