Smart weather app bug? WeatherUnderground problem

I have the smart weather app on my iphone se. It is version 2.0 and I am on iOS 11.3.1
Recently I have been getting a bad forecast on my display. On May 17, at 11:31 am it was 57.4 degrees and the section with today’s forecast and the next couple days said it was currently 28 degrees, and tomorrow was January 4 and was going to be 28 degrees . This happened a couple other times, and each time it said January 4. I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

It’s Weather Underground. The service is really bad and most of us have just quit sending them data and don’t rely on them

2 Likes

I’ve had this as well for some time now. Pretty sure it’s a Weather Underground issue as they have lots of postings on their (and other) forum about it. The forum states bug reports have been filed but no fix date is given.

1 Like

The Weather underground site getting worse with the time, the site become somehow useless from the last update, they just send a survey for the purpose that they will improving the site but they do nothing. recently I’m not rely on their site anymore.

1 Like

As a Wx Community…in conjunction with WeatherFlow, I would like to see a grass-roots, ground up, initiative to start a similar PWS service.

Ready & willing to help make it happen.

–Sam

4 Likes

there is already another PWS service that has been around just as long as WU but is much reliable:
e.g
https://www.pwsweather.com/obs/AWHITU.html

(does not provide a forecast though)

2 Likes

I got wrong forecast and dates from WU as well (using WD).
I don’t want to criticise WU since they must work with tons of our data and we expect 100% reliability from them. I think it is normal their (free) service fails from time to time. It does not bother me so much.

At some point, it would be nice to have a decent forecast card for those of us who use an always on display. Don’t care if its WU or any other service, just something reliable.

2 Likes

I agree. I want to see today and tomorrow.

1 Like

the WU is not good at all for the phones users, because they change their terms to let the ads appear on the apps without sending a note to the users who paid on their apps to remove the advertisement, also doesn’t respond to you if you ask them to get refund.

1 Like

For those who didn’t live through the 1960’s, you might not know that Weather Underground started at the University of Michigan as a TERRORIST organization. In the early 1970’s, they actually detonated explosives at the US Capitol building and the Pentagon.

The WU web site that we all know and hate also started at U-Michigan. It should come as no surprise (as illustrated in this and other software bugs) that they are still bombing nearly 50 years later… :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

And this is all I will comment on that subject.

one problem is the increase in weather stations that can be set to send straight to WU as the only way for a person to see their weather data (apart from the console)
and so that has overwhelmed WU a bit too much

1 Like