Sky stopped reporting (mystery solved, duplicate serial numbers)

Yeah… okay… would make the best solution… easier to ship to the States than here to Sweden, Europe… I’ll leave it for now… Thanks

1 Like

plus the devices this side of the ocean are 8xx Mhz and not 9XX Mhz … not sure there is still stock on 8XX devices :wink:

Correct :slight_smile:

@nickez28 thank you so much for reporting this behavior and for your help. We want to apologize for this inconvenience. We haven’t heard back from the other owner but we instructed them to not attempt to add their SKY to their station until we send them a new one.

4 Likes

@WFstaff Hey no problem. Glad to help. This is how bugs should be handled and solved. Evolution of Technology :sunglasses:

Will you notifiy me when its safe for me to add my Sky unit again?

Looking forward to the Breathe unit :sunglasses:

Niklas

1 Like

Hi Niklas, since we intend to replace the owner’s SKY in Massachusetts you can try adding your SKY unit again.

We haven’t heard back from the other owner yet but maybe leave your unit somewhere you can access it easily if he decides adds his back again. When his SKY goes inactive maybe that will prompt him to get in touch with us :wink:

2 Likes

Is it safe to say his station is private?

I assume that there is some technical reason why an insert unique constraint cannot be used to prevent future duplicate serial numbers from being entered into the database??? :thinking:

1 Like

Yes. There is no current way to know it is not the same device.

I tried to add my Sky again, but it goes offline after a while… (same time as the other one in Massachusetts gets re-added I guess)

Thinking it would be like a que to get in touch with WeatherFlow :roll_eyes::smiley: complaining about looking the sky unit … :grin:

1 Like

I would never suggest you keep adding it but that certainly sounds like something I would do. :wink:

Have you tried to add the Sky back to your station?

Last night, but it got removed again after a little while… will try once again now…

At this point I would be adding it every time I saw it missing. The other station owner is not responding so something is amiss.

Wierd… Im thinking this other user must getting a bit frustrated seeing his Air unit loose the connection every time I add mine… I mean… I know what’s wrong… but this other user doesn’t… will keep adding… :slight_smile:

My worry would he will continue to use it even after receiving a new one.

Hmm… thats bad… I guess WeatherFlow will include a letter or something letting him know the reason why it needs to be replaced and thats its important doing so…

No worries we got in touch with him and he’ll be getting a new SKY very soon and sending back the 3002. You should be able to keep your SKY up now.

5 Likes

Yes! great. My Sky seems to be back and stay online now :smile: :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Have you had any new issues with your Sky?