Sky continuously reporting rainfall

Hi,
I received my Sky unit a few day ago. I initially set it up on a coffee table while waiting for some hardware to mount it to my chimney.
I noticed that it continuously reported heavy rainfall. Yesterday I moved it to a table in the backyard to test further.
This morning I deleted the data in the Sky Unit, to record what was going on.

Below is the rainfall that has been recorded even though it is not raining. Anyone have an explination for why this is happening?
SkyCapture

Cheers,

Peter

Vibrations trigger false rain.

I moved it into the backyard as maybe there were vibrations in the house.
From the attached image, I can’t see where the vibrations would be coming from to cause the sky to record a constant 19mm/hr rainfall.

Sky

As you can see the indication of rain is constant. I’m wondering if the unit is faulty.

Cheers,

Peter

You can see my Air and Sky weather station here;

Cheers,

Peter

that does seem a bit odd
maybe you have an insect inside it buzzing :yum:

1 Like

Totally strange. Will have engineering take a look at it.

1 Like

Ok, thanks. I look forward to what you find.

Cheers

Peter

Hi,
Did they find anything? It trained last night around 7:00pm and there was no difference in the readings.

Cheers

Peter

Hi @peter1. Sorry for the delay - we’ve just looked at your data and we think there’s a >99% chance this is an electrical issue (and a <1% chance you have some extremely steady invisible rain falling at your house!).

We’ll be in touch directly and get a new SKY out to you as soon as possible.

1 Like

Peter, we’ve disabled your rain sensor in the meantime.

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks very much for your prompt attention to this and organizing a replacement sensor. It’s refreshing and pleasing to see this sort of customer focused service.

Cheers,

Peter

5 Likes