Recent color change to Tempest apps

Not for long. I first thought the phone could be a refuge from BarneyTech, but no. It autoupgraded.

I setup a basic feature request to get the color scheme fixed - perhaps comment and vote on it if you agree? Light color scheme - even with plum

2 Likes

One of the things I learned over time is that no matter how brilliant/good the program is one writes, if it doesnā€™t allow for changing the gui colors people will complain.
I donā€™t like the new light scheme but the dark one is better that the old blue one.
With respect to new brandingā€¦ I always associated the old logo with some happy blue sky and some wind blowing.

2 Likes

Color is so terrible, Iā€™m looking at alternatives. With all the work in the dev queue, a color change makes it to the number 1 item to spend time on. Wow, next level stupid.

6 Likes

I can change to the dark mode in my phone (which I prefer), but what about on my PC? There doesnā€™t seem to be an option to use the dark mode on a PC.

On the web page, so to Settings, and scroll clear to the bottom. The Dark purple is more visible to me than the light GUI, but I dislike purple intently. I think I have a color blindness in my eyes to ā€œshades of purpleā€.

Steve

I noticed on one of my Windows 10 PCā€™s, the ā€œSettingsā€ icon is missing from the top right. Thereā€™s only ā€œWeatherā€, ā€œHistoryā€, and ā€œMapā€. If I refresh the page, ā€œSettingsā€ appears for a split second, but then disappears.

Try typing in just tempestwx.com with nothing else. It should take you to a log in page where you can log in to your account and then the settings tab should appear.

1 Like

Thanks gizmoev, that did it!

1 Like

Why change the color to purple? Does it improve range?

2 Likes

Somebody had a really good eggplant parmesan during the recent marketing meetingā€¦

2 Likes

Itā€™s time to fire the adolescent who picked purple for the default and ONLY!!! color for the Tempest interface.

Iā€™m glad I didnā€™t invest in the company when the option was offered to me!

FIX IT!!

1 Like

Iā€™m guessing that it is to improve the range of the brand

2 Likes

I agree with ding.b.
Dark mode is a 2 thumbs up.
Nowā€¦ If the MacOS Widget would stop disappearing, requiring a restart, WeatherFlow life would be perfect.
Thanks WF for the dark mode, fix the bug please!

Makes me wonder if there will be some tie-in with PurpleAir in the future. I have one of their sensors. The lack of an app is disappointing (just a map widget), but if it can be integrated into the Tempest app, that would be awesome!

2 Likes

It would be nice if a few more themes where added. White on blue was nice and easy to read, the purple on purple not so much.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s too bad, the blue was more attractive. I gave great reviews but the color is a dud.

1 Like

I donā€™t really care too much about the colour (but I donā€™t like purple either), but I do care that it now makes the upper menu items VERY hard to see in low light. There doesnā€™t seem to be a way of making it any brighter?

1 Like

Nice work Tempest, I had only barely been hanging on to using your weather station and this kind of idiotic decision that isnā€™t supported by the majority of your customers is just what I needed to push me away. Davis Weather systems are superior in every way. Thanks for giving me the motivation to take the leap.

Donā€™t let the door hit ya on your wildly unreliable haptic rain sensor.

1 Like

I fully agree with others who have expressed intense disgust with the nasty purple UI, and especially with the Tempest management attitude of ā€œusers be damned, weā€™re not giving you any other optionsā€. Your attitude would be perfectly appropriate in communist countries.