Rainfall Reset Times

Evening - Just trying to assess my tempest (which seems to be giving many more false rain readings than my Sky, on the same pole and mount).

Can i ask if the rainfall figure for the day resets at Midnight? Most figures i log against (ie via Weather Display) log rainfall from Midnight through to 11.59pm.

I’ve a feeling the app is a rolling 24 hours figure - which makes it hard to make any comparison via the app.

Andy

as you can see in the graph, it resets at midnight.

So it does! thanks for the answer, duh should have been able to figure that out myself :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

Andy

1 Like

Can the time of reset for a 24 hour period be changed to a different time besides midnight?
I like to see the Midnight for the true daily rain, however I report my rain to CoCoRaHS as of 7 AM in the morning…

It doesn’t actually reset. The application uses Your local time and send an API call to get the data from WeatherFlow servers. Hopefully the Applications will allow for a selected start time. This will allow you to enter a start time of 07:00:00 and your graphs will show from 7:00;00 am till 6:59;59 am tomorrow.

1 Like

No, currently that isn’t available on the app. What you could do is to capture locally what the hub is sending out via udp, and add the rain data for any period you choose. Shouldn’t be too hard if you know a bit about programming. Perhaps a good start is to begin with what other people have created.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer, however I have not looked into capturing any data being sent or any programming for the unit. Has anyone out there done any work in this area?

There are several third-party applications that capture the data in Third-Party Integrations

1 Like

Thanks Gary, I am looking at the https://ifttt.com/weatherflow now and will see what it is all about and check out the other stuff.