Rainfall not being captured at all in last two rain events

Good morning, I have noticed that my SKY unit has not been properly reporting rainfall the past two events, including currently this morning as it has been raining steadily at my location for a few hours now and continues not to observe any rain (images attached). I am not sure what would be causing this. The previous event that was missed a couple of days ago, my CoCoRaHS gauge captured 0.38 inches which was pretty uniform with others around me (image attached). This morning my CoCoRaHS gauge had 0.12 inches already and it was raining moderately as I checked it around 8:45am EST (radarscope image attached). @dsj do you have any ideas why this might be the case? In the attached CoCoRaHS images, my location is in the northwest part of Richland County. https://smartweather.weatherflow.com/station/5248/grid!

your batteries are running low

Even though all other sensors on the unit are working properly and seem accurate? I did turn off the rain check after posting and noticed it started to accumulate now, so I don’t know if that had something to do with it, and if it did why would it prevent rain from being measured initially and totally wipe out the nearly 0.38 inches I got 2 days ago with the cold front?

i don’t know, I just noticed that you batteries are running low.

You can always try giving it a gentle tap on the side of the top plate next time granted that you can access your SKY easily. I use a broom handle for a few gentle taps to wake my SKY up when it doesn’t detect the rain. It happened to my SKY yesterday. 0.02" of rain had already fallen before I noticed SKY was not detecting anything. A couple of taps with the broom handle and SKY woke up. I’ve only had to do this a few times due to SKY not detecting light rain.