RainCheck Logo Besides Today’s Rain

Yes, data from multiple sources, including our devices. Back when RainCheck was introduced, I hoped it would be more real time to help overcome some of the design limitations of a haptic sensor. Fast forward with RC Today and I think it’s getting close!

Checked several stations around northern MI yesterday evening and no rain check with all stations reporting 0.00”. Is that the case when no precipitation is detected?

tweatherman

Yes, 0.00" indicates that no rain has been detected. If less than 0.005" has been detected it will show Trace.

I looked at a station today and on map view data showed 0.01” for today but when I looked at today’s history page it said Trace. Any idea to why the discrepancy?

Looks like the App for Android was updated to v4.6.75(186) during the evening of Dec 21st. The Rain Check icon is no longer next to Today’s Rain" and not even beside yesterday’s rain either. The Rain Check icon is now located in the upper right-hand corner of the rain card for both the App and the Smart Weather Web App. The Rain Check icon is now much smaller (harder to recognize) than the previous Rain Check icon.

Magified (zoomed-in). . .it looks like this now.

The previous one looked like this: I prefer this old one!

2 Likes

Now that the help page has been updated … RainCheck has evolved into NearCast Rain. As some have figured out already, it isn’t just running once a day, it is running under the hood

more details and for now only working in continental United States and some parts of Canada.

3 Likes

Nice modification to RAIN CHECK… Now I know why my tempest using NearCast is almost the same as my COCORAHS report :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @WeatherFlowTeam for this nice improvement! Rain Check used to do a good job the next day, and it’s nice to get better data in near real-time.

2 Likes

Hello. I see the rain check system has been renamed and works differently. I didnt even know this had occured. I clicked it off – cause i think its interfering with Weather Display program. Ive been having troubles with Weather Display not showing the correct rainfall. Anyone else have Weather Display and having troubles with the rainfall not be reported correctly. I have 2 Sky- Air and 1 Tempest. The one Sky/Air thats 3 to 4ft off the ground is matching my Stratus rain guage-- while the other 2 are way off. Thoughts

I just posted a problem with my rain sensor on my Tempest. I can’t trust the rain detection.

We received over an inch of rain, and it says 0" with a check mark lol.