Query HUB for attached Devices

I can’t put in a public statement what I think that David is.

I’d be accused of a bromance.

I can say that I would love the opportunity to spend a week at his side, during business hours.

6 Likes

Yuupp! It would be fun to have some time at WeatherFlow . . . like a developer / tester conference.

5 Likes

Yes, sort of. When the Hub is put in “pairing mode” it will connect to any AIR looking for a Hub. And the Hub keeps a list of AIR serial numbers to which it has paired.

True! Sometimes they let me pick out new plants.

I would love to do a Smart Weather Developer conference one day! Good goal for 2019 maybe…

6 Likes

So… could a new packet be designed to send only when the Hub Reboot, the list of serial numbers that are paired to the Hub?

3 Likes

If you want to carpool, I can drive from here to Clyde Morris in my sleep having made that road trip many times without a map or GPS… :oncoming_automobile:

4 Likes

Count me in! :+1::+1::+1::+1:. (I got your 20 characters there Discourse!)

2 Likes

Personally, I’d like to see that information as part of the hub status. If the hub is rebooting there’s a good chance that the rest of the devices in the house are also rebooting so anything monitoring the hub may miss that message.

2 Likes

An additional parameter such as

did:[AR-00001234,SK-00005678]

That would work great.

3 Likes

Sorry for the late reply - this is a good idea and something we have on the backlog. It’s not as simple as you might think, but it’s something we would like to add eventually.

1 Like