Power Booster is Available!

I also took advantage of the 50% off. Out the door less than 20 bucks and that included free shipping…at least in the states.

I installed my power booster on Friday and it looks like my firmware just hit 165 sometime today. The battery level of my Tempest is still hovering around 2.41v. Should I have seen an increase by now? I’m concerned my Tempest has a dud battery since it’s been in a low power state since October.

Hello Tristan,

Your booster is seen by the Tempest but indeed it doesn’t seem to charge up really. Could you do one thing before I send you to support. If not to hard to do and you have some voltmeter, measure between the 2 outer pogo’s. You should see something like 3.5V. At least we can be sure the booster works.

If this is true then I think the charge circuit of the Tempest is having an issue and you need to open a support ticket. You will be helped over there.

wouldn’t it be wise to unplug the power and/or batteries of the booster and insert them again before measuring? The tempest might have told the powerbooster to stop charging.

Thanks I did measure and see approximately 3.4v.

This means the booster is working. Most probably the charging board is broke. Time to open a support ticket and they will help you out. Link is in top navigation bar. Won’t be long to get a response today. Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks Eric, I’ve gone ahead and opened a support ticket. From your experience why do the charging boards typically fail?

I just got mine today. Wow what a great top off solution for those long cloudy periods we get. Just what the doctor ordered. here is a photo of my installation

6 Likes

Okay, what are these things? I’m mystified. I assume some kind of wire management? I can’t figure out how they’re supposed to be used.

Included with the Power Booster is a rubber plug and a spare. Fit the plug over the flat cable and slide it into the wafer base. The plug only fits one way.

It will help keep moisture out while the Tempest device is locked onto the top portion of the “wafer.”

2 Likes

Thanks! This was not mentioned in the printed set of instructions I received with my power booster.

Yeah. . .I noticed that too immediately upon receiving mine last month. I had to “hunt” around for it. . .finally found it on the WF Power Booster Accessory page that tells about it.

1 Like

I have forwarded this internally with the request to add the info in future prints. Not sure how many are still on stock but if we don’t ask … we don’t get :slight_smile:
Thanks for bringing this up.

3 Likes

Just ordered mine— if that cable is just a network cable, will it take power via PoE? :thinking:

In which case I could run a cable up from my router and use one of the available PoE ports to supply power. I’m not in a lightning-prone area so I’m not overly worried about risking my network, I’ve got some old plain cat5 I could use for this that I have no other use for because I run a gigabit network.

1 Like

While the cable is a CAT-6 cable, the “brains” of the unit are in the battery holder part.

Speaking of plugs it would be nice to include a dust cover for the DC power receptacle for those of us using batteries only.

Easy enough to fill the receptacle with “super lube” but it’d be cleaner if there was a dust cover or rubber plug to fill that space.

1 Like

A small piece of electrical tape would do it if you’re that bothered

Welcome to the group!! :grinning:

This topic was automatically closed 540 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.