Photos of Sky and Installation

Wonder if closing the gate strongly will create enough vibration to affect the haptic sensor?

1 Like

Wish I could show a final install, but this has been on my roof for months. Just waiting patiently :grin:
The tip is about 6’ off the roof top. Hope this is enough vertical separation?

8 Likes

Waiting for Sky.

3 Likes

if this is a working chimney, it might influence on wind sensor as it is very close and heat might interfere direction/speed, maybe change it with a little longer pole ?

1 Like

personally I do not sit next to a fireplace, the smoke, the heat that rises does not give a good result of measurement

2 Likes

If it is working, soot accumulation cant be good either.

1 Like

The chimney is an oil burner vent, so soot shouldn’t be a problem. If air currents from the exhaust influence the sensor, I’ll add an extension to the pole. The top is threaded.

1 Like

Oil Burner - does not look like any soot but please be aware that in some time you will see it. The burnt hydrocarbons become soot and will deposit readily on a coller surface.

1 Like

I will keep an eye on it. But the inside of the chimney cap has no visible soot, and it’s been blasted with the oil burner output for decades now…

1 Like

Pretty sure we have you all beat! :wink: Rooftop testing array at WeatherFlow Florida. 65 new production SKYs validating calibrations in real-world conditions. 06 March '18. (Primarily testing for rain and sunlight calibration…which is why they are not mounted higher up for better wind fetch.)

19 Likes

Do you have a link to purchase your stand? Any idea when the Sky will ship?

1 Like

Check here:

2 Likes

We’re on track for late April.

5 Likes

I’m looking forward to the Map turning yellow.

1 Like

Following up on my own post, I have made a few improvements on my 20-foot fence top rail mast:

Weather stations multiply like rabbits in my back yard… :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

What is the diameter of the pole/mast I need to fit the AIR unit properly ?

Niklas

I use a 32 mm plastic pipe, it fits perfect.

You can use a wooden stick, steel pipe … but somewhere near the 32 mm. The nut allows to squeeze the adapter but not to a pole of 10 mm :wink:

This is where I plan to setup mine. AIR in the right sunscreen and SKY on top of the L shape pole. Next to my Davis. Hoping it will be a good one.

4 Likes

Hello!
Here’s mine. Not necessarily in an ideal place but as I am moving in less than a year … And to have some wind sensors at the same place, even if it’s not the perfect location, it allows to compare :wink:

6 Likes

Hi guys,
For fellow Australian’s waiting to receive everything, would the below be suitable for the Sky unit?

Says it is 32mm which aligns with some of the posts here just want to make sure.

2 Likes