Please list any changes made to API

That isn’t possible as it is a publicly-available client, or do you mean the client as a recipient of the websocket data? Anyway, you said that the client and hub both talk with an external WeatherFlow server so I might as well stick with another approach. I thank you for your observations though. I think your needs are a bit different from mine. I am fine with clientraw, clientraw-daily, and clientraw-extra files for data/historical data.

If you are going to use web socket it doesn’t matter where the Hub is. The Hub sends data to WeatherFlow and the web socket client receives the data from WeatherFlow.

1 Like

ok file sent in a zip…Brian

1 Like

@dsj (and @GaryFunk) - I see we’re up to v91 in the field for firmware and that’s indicated on the UDP API page. There is a v94 API doc available there but a quick read says there’s no differences. I see no docs saying anything changed (or didn’t).

I guess I’m not understanding why WF rolls the API version number if they don’t change the actual API, which is pretty unusual in my experience, but so it goes.

Please add at least a link on the API page(s) pointing to your API changelog that David indicated is at https://weatherflow.github.io/SmartWeather/releases/api.html if you’re going to keep changing the indicated API version with-or-without actually changing anything in it.

At least then we would be able to actually ‘find’ your changelog and know if we need to do anything as developers. Thanks.

We update the docs as soon as we release a build to anyone publicly, beta or production. In this case, our intrepid field testers are receiving v94, a beta build and release candidate for production. We should probably do a better job of labeling beta vs production… but we don’t. :smiley:

2 Likes

In this case, it’s not really relevant if it’s beta or prod (as beta moves to prod eventually), but more of a question of ‘what did you change’ between versions of software and versions of the API. Right now we can’t tell.

1 Like

I really with you would not publish a new document is nothing changed from the previous one.

Just update the current document to show it covers firmware 81 to 94.

Yeah, what we really need to do is get rid of documentation for firmware that is no longer in the field.

3 Likes

ummm, put the docs online and ‘git tag v123’ them in a world-readable repo.