Please list any changes made to API

Can we have changes listed to the Rest API on the forum please …

Brian

1 Like

API release notes are published here:
https://weatherflow.github.io/SmartWeather/releases/api.html

3 Likes

I don’t see index 11 of the obs_sky on the API list of changes.

1 Like

Possible the UDP API could get a seperate listing? I’d like to track when the typos in the API are fixed…

Thanks!

1 Like

@michael: The UDP API is part of the firmware and therefore should track firmware releases (“should” being the operative word). The release notes link, above, only reports production releases, not beta.

@GaryFunk: index 11 (rain accumulation) has not made it into the REST documentation, but is present in the UDP and WS docs.

In general the documentation will not always keep up with the beta releases, though it will occassionally leapfrog the production releases. We’re working to improve that.

2 Likes

@dsj. That is understandable.

In the meantime, we would like to see changes listed here. As your front line developers we want to succeed together and we need updated information.

Best regards,

Gary

1 Like

This is very interesting. So many good ideas.

Gary

1 Like

Hello Gary

Any experience of using web socket and php ? I have a 50% done script for pulling data at 3 second intervals but struggling to get the data dumped to a text file or json file , works fine real-time pulling of the weatherflow websocket but really trying to work out how to dump file to a file for future idea of storing into Mysql…any ideas or solutions would be greatly appreciated for https://weather34.com

Brian… ps love the map idea …

1 Like

Good morning, Brian,

I haven’t touched PHP in about 8 years but it’s not that difficult. I’ve been working in JavaScript and ColdFusion on the current project.

If the server is local to the Smart Weather Hub then listening on UDP is the way to go. Listen for the data and write it to the SQL engine.

I’d be willing to work with you and help where I can.

Gary

1 Like

Hi Gary

I get the UDP idea no problem however looking ahead at a wider audience
When it becomes fully available 75% are not going to be in a position to use a local , most will purchase a a bit of web space or web hosting .

Using the web socket via php requires no modification to any local hardware or configuration , it simply pulls the data from the weatherflow websocket I have working real-time you just simpy add your station ID the template to work on the web . Being the template is written in php if I went the UDP route there would be a requirement of the user to install additional software to enable the pc to use php it’s that method I’m trying avoid and having to educate users on that. As it is a temp,ate designed to be used on the web not a local desktop or device…

It’s doesnt matter I’ll work it out now the festive season is over things a lot quieter here now.

Thanks …brian

1 Like

Hi, Brian

I understand what you are doing. That’s a good idea to let a remote server capture the data. Doing it locally truly is more than most can handle.

How far have you gotten with using a web socket?

Gary

1 Like

Everything is working fine apart from trying to get the data received dumped and saved to a file . Give me a day or two I’ll send you what I got , just simply open it up in your browser . Wife’s has woken up with flu so I’m going to be a doctor for a day or two… but I’ll send it in a long in a zip…

Brian

1 Like

Great. I have a remote server with PHP and MySQL so I can test and work on the code.

Gary

1 Like

Is the websocket model a push or a pull from the station? I have a station behind a company firewall and can push data up to the net but cannot pull it from the net because I do not control the firewall.

The hub (server) sends data to the client the data to which the client subscribed.

1 Like

Gary can you send me your email I’ll send the web socket script along in a zip

1 Like

Hi, Brian,

Email sent.

Gary

1 Like

So in this situation you are parsing the data yourself, rather than using an app like Weather Display to parse the data into clientraw (etc) files. But the websockets approach is using a publish and subscribe system. In order to subscribe, it would have to be able to talk to the hub, but in my case the hub is behind a firewall.

No. The websocket talks to ws.weatherflow.com.

1 Like

@jhodgesatmb Also, since the Hub is behind a firewall, just put client behind the firewall.

1 Like