Photos of Tempest Installations :tempest:

Any info on the brackets? Those look nice.
Thanks,
Chris

1 Like

Thanks! They are very sturdy and well built. I purchased the pair for $20 on eBay late last year, but they don’t seem to be available anymore.

Here’s a pic of the original listing…

Best of luck to you!

1 Like

I have my Tempest Weather station mounted on a 10 and 1/2 foot galvanized pole on my roof. It is secured about a foot or so from the bottom of the pole. The pole is quite strong, but I wonder if there is a limit to how high the Tempest should be mounted on a pole in order to prevent vibrating in a very strong wind that would give false rain readings. Unfortunately my Tempest is not functional now and at least two of the sensors are not working properly, as far as I am concerned. The wind sensor is all over the place when it comes to direction and the speed is under reported. The rain sensor is also under reporting when compared to a manual read rain gauge located close to the Tempest weather station. As I stated earlier, the station is offline and the only sensor that it reports is the temperature. Everything else is frozen with the readings that were reported when it went offline. I received an automated message that my station was offline and I tried the suggestions it offered but it did not clear up the problem. I am still waiting for support from weatherflow after I have submitted several requests for help. I feel I need a new Tempest because the one I have has never worked properly since I put it up a week ago.

1 Like

You need to send a ticket to @WFsupport and tell them about your issues. They will help you out and send you a new unit if needed.

1 Like

Ordered my tempest to replace my THIRD (in)AcuRite Pro Weather Station. I stumbled across this site and was sold on the technology of no moving parts. Installed it today and am MORE than impressed with the device!!

Oh and don’t worry, when I remodeled the house, I took out the fireplace but left the chimney for the aesthetics of the roofline - so it won’t impact the data of the weather station :slight_smile:

8 Likes

And another view since I could only post one pic…

4 Likes

I wonder if the chimney will have any effect on the wind readings or if it is small enough not too.

1 Like

Compared to my Kestrel 5400 that I placed on the ridge when I placed both the acurite and the tempest they we’re pretty much spot on. Fortunately the onshore flow and wind direction comes from the backside of the chimney!

2 Likes

Here is my installation. Charging nicely in the sun.

It’s doing a great job.

3 Likes

I recieved mine today here in Melbourne, Australia. You can view it at: https://tempestwx.com/station/29972

I will monitor this over the next couple of days to see if it’s in the best location. Hardware shops are only open for click & collect or delivery atm due to covid. So a bit reluctant to have to go to one but if I need to, I will.

4 Likes

I will be surprised if that antenna doesn’t induce false rain when it is windy.

1 Like

Will a metal pole in anyway mess with correct measurements

1 Like

So far it’s going good. No interference whatsoever.

2 Likes

I presume, 93ben, that you asked for expedited delivery on that one?

2 Likes

Yeah I did. Was definitely worth it!

1 Like

Any ideas on where to get brackets like that???

Thanks

1 Like

I found them at either Lowe’s or Home Depot. They’re pretty common.

1 Like

New house, new weather station. Excited to step into this. Wish I would’ve had it up sooner. We’ve had some good storms as of lately

8 Likes

Why people don’t think to do that? I just don’t understand. Who wants to pass off an owl or a hawk with spikes when a sign will do? :smirk:

1 Like

Had an old radio tower not being used but it was perfect for the Tempest.

18 Likes