Photos of Tempest Installations :tempest:

Mounted mine yesterday on the railing of my backyard deck. Bought the Winegard 39 inch mount from Amazon for a fairly low price. Works perfect. With deck and mount it puts my station 10 feet off the ground with clear views in all directions for maximum wind exposure.

10 Likes

Could you send me the direct link to that mount? Amazon gave me a listing of different stuff but it did give me a listing of a black mount.

1 Like

“Bought the wind guard 30 inch mount from Amazon for a fairly low price.”

Winegard? DS-3000?

Yes that’s the one. Got it from Amazon for $22. Works very nice.

There is a huge difference between “wind guard” and “Winegard,”

Not quite the same thing, although it probably doesn’t matter. Seems to be two styles of the extended length pipe mounts. One has the bend close to the pivot point, the other has the bend near the top of the pipe.

2 Likes

If you look closely you will see that either end of the pipe can be attached to the mount.

3 Likes

I put up another Tempest station this weekend, this time at ~230’ AGL on a commercial office building rooftop. The siting isn’t ideal for conditions seen on the ground, but it is ideal for measuring conditions seen by my company’s communication equipment on the roof, which is the main reason it’s up there now.

10 Likes

I misspelled it in the comment due to auto correct, lol. But it works very well. I like to add another pipe to bring it up another five to ten feet.

1 Like

Winegard DS-3000 J Pipe Mount for… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001DFS49U?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

2 Likes

Thanks! Might get one of these sometime.

2 Likes

for sure that Tempest won’t fly away. And if it can link to the hub trough such heavy radio stuff :no_mouth:

2 Likes

Also used a Winegard j mount with an extension to raise it up more off my roof. Worked great.

3 Likes

What did you use as the extension?

1 Like

Bonjour,

Ou avez-vous acheter votre fixation tout en haut du mât ? merci :slight_smile:
Mathieu

1 Like

4 Likes

@jgentry Heavy duty 1 1/4 inch closet rod

2 Likes

I was going to ask you the same in what you used as an extension. How long is that extension? I’m already 10 feet off the ground from my deck, but want to bump it up a bit higher for even better wind readings. I have the same pole and mount as you and love it.

1 Like

The mount is a coax standoff adapter:

https://www.tessco.com/product/3-8-stand-off-adapter-342822

Add a stainless hose clamp to secure that to the pipe, and I used a beam clamp housing as an L bracket to attach the Tempest base to the standoff, but you could use any L bracket for that purpose. A Unistrut 2-hole L bracket would work well for that.

3 Likes

Merci pour rĂŠponse. Et cette partie la ?

3 Likes