Photos of Tempest Installations :tempest:

A place for everyone to post photos of your Tempest and how you installed the unit.

8 Likes

Two mounting brackets, each on a silicone bed and attached to concrete block with four 1/4-inch by 2 3/4-inch hex Tapcons.

Mast is Schedule 40 galvanized 10-foot pipe, one inch in diameter. Actual diameter is 1.315 inches. Wall thickness is 0.133 inches.

Final mounting height of Tempest is 22 feet.

11 Likes

Using the best-kept secret in PWS mounting hardware…

6 Likes

Experimenting. Tried a few lower locations, but wind readings didn’t seem at all representative. Initial impression is that “up there” seems better so-far.

7 Likes

Looking good on a beautiful day in The Hudson Valley of NY

11 Likes

Howdy, neighbor!!!

2 Likes

And use conduit hangers with galvanized nuts+bolts to mount the pole to your wood fence posts and it’s literally a squeeze+loosen thing on the hangers to get the pole down. Swapped my Tempest onto the former Sky location yesterday in just a couple minutes !

2 Likes

Greetings from Wasilla, Alaska!

Replaced my Ambient Weather WS-1001 and was able to use my existing mount!

8 Likes

6 Likes

Can you see Russia from your house ?
Sorry - couldn’t resist.

Nice mount !

8 Likes

Took longer to figure out how to post arrived at 10:05 a.m yesterday and has been up 26 hours telling me it is raining.

2 Likes

San Jose, CA. Mount was originally used for OTA antenna. Then Cell Phone Booster Antenna and now the Tempest Weather Station.

4 Likes

Are you saying that the Tempest is registering rain, but it is not actually raining?

3 Likes

No it was/is raining and I can confirm it because my weather rock is wet.!

15 Likes

Good to hear! I thought you may have been getting some false rain reports because of vibration on your mounting pole. No need to worry though!

1 Like

yes, my unit arrived yesterday to Harpers Ferry, WV. Everything pretty much worked 1st time and by following the included instructions. I have it located at a temporary location on the back yard fence until I can get permanent mounting hardware. Photo of temporary location/mount. It looks from the map like we are the first in our region so that’s cool too.

Chip

9 Likes

I was pretty pumped when I got the shipment notification and the “It’s in your mailbox” notification all within an hour of each other. Granted, I’m north of Tampa, so not too far from where they were shipping from.

Got mine unboxed last night and up and running on it’s temporary housing for the time being! Any recommendations on mounting?

edit: just noticed I had a friend in the background hiding in the water watching the install. It’s not Florida if there isn’t a gator nearby!

6 Likes

Hi Jeremy,

Welcome to the community.

Happy to hear and see (by the way, you earned :champagne: the community award for the first public postet Tempes picture in field :wink: ) your tempest running.

According to the humidity measurement I think you should but your tempest a little mor far frontage lake I see in he background, as those water surfaces can influence the local humidity. But as you are aware of this, ist’s o.k. as well… maybe there’s a possibility to calibrate onto the siting situation. Furthermore, it depends on what parameter(s) you focus.

4 Likes

Agreed. This is only a temporary mount. I think I’ve found the right structure to attach it to and will have it mounted there a bit later today, once it cools off a bit outside!

Jeremy

2 Likes