Photos of Sky and Installation

Mate you built that yesterday? Great work!!
I also was thinking of old louvered doors but finding them here is a pain.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Photos of Sky and Installation:

Replace old system, Dobson NC

IMG_0947 IMG_0946 IMG_0944 IMG_0943 IMG_0945 IMG_0948 IMG_0951 IMG_0949 IMG_0950

6 Likes

Just a quick suggestion. Mounting the Air horizontally will likely cause degraded lightning sensor performance. Once you find the final mounting location, I suggest getting a corner bracket or something and mounting the Air vertical…

2 Likes

simple fix, thank you,

IMG_0957.JPG

6 Likes

FINALLY!!!
Two Locations in Charlotte, NC, USA

Overlooking Panthers Stadium: Webcam is next IMG_2440-1

6 Likes

And the second one in South Charlotte, NC, USA
IMG_2436-2

6 Likes

yes and no

simple for sure but the air flow won’t be to good under there. For now it’ll do but once you have some time, really invest the few dimes for a bracket and install it lower from the ‘roof’ and where wind/air can flow more easily. Readings will be better.

2 Likes

GREAT Point. I really am struggling to find a great place for the air. Investing in a Solar radiation shield and placing it on the roof?

1 Like

Back to the old location in vertical.

IMG_0959.JPG

Patrick Fiorentino

6 Likes

Post your Air photos here.

1 Like

My son helped me (well, he did all the work) put the Sky on the roof today on a painted wooden closet rod. That’s my Rainwise anemometer to the left.

20180826_185715

4 Likes

Gotta love that Lowe’s 10.5 foot fence railing. Very light to put up and works great. I used #2 conduit hangers to attach it to the fence. Total installation cost about 15 bucks and 20 minutes of my time.

24%20AM

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Rain Gauge Reading - Wrong

Temporary Sky mounting… Just need to buy 2 brackets to put the steel pipe up for the Sky.

To be continued…

4 Likes

Here is a better picture.

I know it is way to low. But that is gonna change when I have my pole brackets. :grin:

4 Likes

20180829_134728
SKY arrived today and installed. This is just temporary till I get new base delivered.

7 Likes

^^^^^ One of my thoughts about how to do bird spikes without attaching anything to the Sky. ^^^^^

Kudos!!!

1 Like

The short piece of waste pipe into which I drilled slanting holes for the fibreglass rods will also be filled with sand to dampen vibrations in the finished mast. BTW I intend to shorten the 1 inch steel tube that the SKY is attached to in order to make the top of the spikes higher than the top of the SKY unit. May also string thin fishing line between tops of spikes. Also intend to bolt securely. Waited so long for SKY I just had to get it up as soon as it arrived!

20180828_100148

20180828_095943

7 Likes

General%20view%20of%20site
General view of site.

9 Likes

So all in all, which should be better? Wood, metal or pvc pipe for the mount?

PVC is out of the choice for me as I live in a place with too many sunshine hours and it would just deteriorate the PVC too quickly.

Any help is welcome!

Thanks!

1 Like