Photos of Air Installation

Also I thought about installing my Air on my screened in porch, there is no sun that comes in at all the way my porch is situated, would the screen affect the lightning detector? Thanks

1 Like

you work it out im reluctant to help yourself ive a good memory for forum names especially the trailer trash talking contributors to the “how well is shipping going” .

i can demonstrate many DiY ideas and solutions all costing less than $10 and couple of hours of your time.

air

4 Likes

Your right & I want to apologize for my negative posts. After I did it I regretted it ever since. I deserve no help from you or anyone at WF. I am very sorry for my actions & verbal attacks. I hope we can start fresh and move on. No one made me back WF but it was because I wanted too, be apart of something different than the others. Hopefully I will get my shipment of my station.

Sincerely,

Richard

5 Likes

Great find! And not just for weather instruments . . .

2 Likes

Here is the location of my AIR near the front door entrance that doesn’t get any sun.

5 Likes

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Does Air Need a Solar Radiation Shield?

A new AIR installation in Hong Kong. I used a wall mount from IP camera to do the job. It’s easy, quick and … lazy!

kLkp9joORk2Hh1hNHQqPNg

3 Likes

I found this shelf bracket in the basement. It is perfect for mounting the Air once I enlarged the hole on top. It is screwed to the North face of the unheated shed,

20180826_185651%20(1)

2 Likes

Nothing special - south east side of the house. Receives a little bit of sun through the lattice work at dusk but that doesn’t appear to impact the stats.

Mounted to the post using a stainless steel angle bracket and a bolt I found in the bit bucket.

WeatherFlow_Air_Location

3 Likes

And here is the Air. :grin:

5 Likes

Up and running need to adjust the pole somewhat the flaps below the will be cut off later I’ve to look if this helps by hard wind.

Sky reports UV much too high peaks to UVI 9+ (maximum is about 5 in august)

Air seams to be good in temperature en humidty but have to make a radiation thing with airflow
Pressure is about 3 - 4 hPa too high dont know how too adjust this maybe its in the learning process.

Setup was very easy the app is very intuitive welldone !

Well we see what happens in a thunderstorm :sunglasses:

oops this should be in photos poleposition ?

2 Likes

20180829_133706 20180829_133952
AIR installation

5 Likes

Is that the Stevenson Screen from Metcheck (https://www.metcheck.co.uk/collections/instrument-screens/products/climemet-cm6068-small-climemet-instrument-screen)? I’m keen to get one and it’s great to see that it fits so well. What bracket are you using?

4 Likes

Well spotted. Yes screen from Metcheck. It’s actually screwed to a fence but you can’t see that from photo. I bought the bracket from B&Q this morning and used a 1/4 tripod / camera screw through the hole in the bottom to attach the AIR unit.

1 Like

IMG_20180830_191856

Any suggestions of placing the air more at a spot where there is more breeze?

I think that corner is more like a dead spot. But that is the only shaded place.

Could I put it next to the the lightning detector from my Acurite station?

1 Like

The spot were it is now will most probably give high humidity readings.
The spot next to the lightning detector … is there any sun shining directly ?
If not why not, but I’d place it as low as possible to stay away from the roof that might radiate heat when the sun is blazing on it. But again it will be a compromise between, breeze, radiation, no direct sunlight etc … we all struggle to find the ‘best’ spot :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks Eric.

Had the solution.
Put it a bit lower so there is more breeze going aside the opening of the Air.

Now my temperature readings are more realistic and almost the same as my Acurite station.
Humidity is perfect when I compare it with official KNMI stations.

Maybe in the future I will buy a Metcheck housing for the Air.

For now I am satisfied. Garden is always a bit warmer than the open field.

6 Likes

I constructed a small Stevenson screen for my AIR out of four wooden ventilation grilles.

The drawing I used to make it:

And the result:

Good for hyper local weather reports :wink:

25 Likes

and it even looks great, just add a few leds and you have some geeky device :wink:

4 Likes

best one I’ve seen yet by far !

2 Likes