This is just UNbelieveable. I don’t even know where to start. . .so I’ll just dive right in Head First! My Tempest Field Test unit was acting strangely. . .mainly because of the problems described earlier on in Tempest quit sending data. It’s mainly because to the “Tempest Cloud” issue that dsj described.
To make a sorta long story short. . .I went out to the backyard to turn off ST-7764 and remove it from the mount. I brought it inside to examine it. What did I find? About a dozen Peony Ants crawled out of the drain hole openings on the bottom. PLUS. . .several small ant eggs and several pupa (larvae) also dropped out. I reached for a can of air dust and pretty much emptied the whole can of nauseous diflouroethane gas into the bottom holes. . .and up under the radiation shield assembly.
Here is a picture of 2 expired ants on the bottom.
For years. . .the backyard / across the fence neighbors have planted Peonies in May which invites the ants. I don’t want to dis-assemble the Tempest Field Test unit. . .but there may be a nest up inside that is being used by the ants as a home! Will have to conduct more thorough cleaning and do daily bug-check. The new Tempest device is also on a pole < 6 feet from the test device. . .so it, too will have a Peony Ant infestation before not too long, I’m afraid!