Online date format

Hello, is there a way to change date format to dd/mm/yy on web data page??

not that I know, never found a way

@corrineb : is it possible to adapt the date in function of browser detection ? Or set the date to dd/mm/yyyy is we chose others = metric in the settings ?

2 Likes

I think the application has not been localized. I remember David saying this started as a US only project.

1 Like

To eliminate any ambiguity straight, I do believe that dd-mon-yy[yy] is always better than dd/mm/yy[yy] or mm/dd/yy[yy], ie 04-Mar-2018 instead of 04/03/2018 or 03/04/2018. Took out of context, there is no way from the two later format to know for sure what the date is very exactly.

1 Like

you can tell after the 12th of the month though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Date localization is on the roadmap and will be done once we localize the websites.

3 Likes

Have just received my Tempest in Australia. Installation a breeze. Only issue i have to date is that the date format in the app and website remains in the US format of MM/DD/YYYY rather than DD/MM/YYYY. Has the localisation been done yet? if not, I suggest an additional field in the units section of settings to select the date and time formats preferred (I try and us 24hr time).

2 Likes

While the web interface doesn’t honor system time format the Tempest app on Android does. I think it does on iOS, too.

I am also in Australia & noticed the US Date Format when looking up history on the Web interface. To avoid confusion, perhaps changing the Month from MM to MMM could be considered. then no matter what the layout of the fields it becomes obvious.

If they would use yyyy-mm-dd format then it would work everywhere just fine. I use that format when naming files which guarantee that they will sort in the proper order.

3 Likes