Obsolete : New Tempest firmware: v134

Thanks! I’m waiting to be upgraded

I’m waiting to be upgraded also.

Me, too…

Wow. I’m in the 25% then (waiting)

same here, still running 133 :smile:

I’m still on 129 - part of the 25%

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: How is the forecast derived?

@dsj
@WFstaff
@eric

Is anyone’s Tempest on firmware v134 rebooting spontaneously? On Saturday, August 8th and Sunday August 9th, my Tempest rebooted for no reason apparently. I did not have this issue on v129.

I can’t see who has a rebooting device but mine is on134 and running without a single reboot for over 23 days now.

Maybe @GaryFunk has more details about it as he has/had one like yours and has been actively helping to get it solved (if it is )?

1 Like

@eric
@GaryFunk
@WFsupport
@WFstaff

I also noticed my Tempest is inconsistently showing a “wind failure” for the sensor status. But the bigger issue…Since I was upgraded to v134, my Tempest is rebooting at least once a day for the past 2 days.

1 Like

I did have a reboot on a Sensor that hadn’t done so before. I keep watch on them and everything is stable at the moment. The Tempest Sensor and Hub that has the issue are now sitting in Florida waiting for Rob to diagnose the issue. Hopefully he finds an easy solution.

1 Like

Seems like we are past the 7-10 day mark, and have yet to receive the update on my end.
Kind of nervous now though, given people with rebooting issues. Not sure if it is isolated or not.
Is the update still rolling out?

It will take 7-10 days for this build to make it to all devices,

Where do u see log for reboots?

Kind of nervous now though, given people with rebooting issues.

Keep in mind that people don’t post when things go well, so you tend to see a very skewed view in the forum. I’ve had v134 for over 5 days now and it’s been rock solid.

I’m looking in the “up time” on the status page. I did a hard reboot on the Tempest sensor this morning to see if that fixes the issue.

I submitted a trouble ticket this morning. Waiting to hear back…

so far so good…3 days up

My two tempest units have been doing the Reboot now for a while seemed to start when both of them got updated to v133 right at the start of 133 dump.
Its a really a strange thing as there is no rhyme or reason to it 1 unit might go a couple of days and then i t might go 4-8 hrs. Both unis are doing this in a random style , one of them is a FT unit ST-00007777 , the other unit is a production model ST-00013039. I did turn in a ticket for production model and was told they were going to address this in future firmware release and then closed ticket.
Hopefully they will find something by doing a autopsy on Garys unit and come out with a firmware fix

1 Like

“… was told they were going to address this in future firmware release and then closed ticket.” This is a disappointing response. I suspect @WFstaff may not have a procedure to rollback to a previous firmware version.

I can only speculate v133 and v134 may have a bug in a snippet of code that some Tempest sensors can’t resolve so it reboots. Or there may be an issue with some of the firmware upgrades. This is why I have trepidation when there is a firmware upgrade because it can brick a device or cause issues that aren’t easily reproduced. It would be nice to have an end-user option to delay/postpone a firmware upgrade.

1 Like

@eric
@WFsupport
@WFstaff
@GaryFunk

My Tempest sensor randomly rebooted again this morning around 7:30AM ET. Yesterday’s hard reboot did not help. So it seems it’s rebooting once every 18-24 hours. Is it possible to rollback the firmware to v129?